Fuel, Spark, and one grown man crying.....

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
did you change the plug. and you said the plug is always wet but its not fireing up,maybe its not getting spark. check your wires and for spark. maybe its your cdi or magneto.if youre getting spark and gas theres no reason it shouldnt fire up unless your clutch needs adjusting.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Take off your Air filter.
Clean it .
Look into the carb throat.
Is your choke closed or open.
Is it vibrating closed when you ride?

Work the throttle while looking into the carb is your slide or thimble moving?

How much oil are you using is your gas over a week old.
With the heat here the massive amounts of alcohol that are unlawfully added to the gasoline that I pay for evaporate really quick I loose about 10 percent due to evaporation.

If i let my bike sit for a couple of days. I find I am running like 12 to one fuel oil mix LOL

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
I was on an engine-fitting course many years ago ... there was a magneto type spark plug testing jig and a boxfull of used spark plugs, all kinds of plugs... fresh, stale, black with carbon, .... ones with burnt-out electode(s) an others that looked virtually brand new;

you get the picture

Just half an hour playing around with the plug tester and the boxfull of plugs taught me that yer can't tell how good the spark will be from how the plug looks

All kinds of lillywhite virginesque beauties can give no spark whatever and of course all kinds of burnt-out old things can still have a tune or two left in 'em.

The easiest test in the world is to swap spark plugs - it's crazy not to do the obvious easy diagnostics first ....make it easy on yersel' ... always have two or three good newish spark plugs in yer kit and never judge 'em by the way they look.

restapukin
X
his mark

Last edited: