I'm glad I chose this hobby....

GoldenMotor.com

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Well, I am glad I chose this hobby over computers!!! Computers are fun and I have my CompTIA Certification(10+ years), I still love computers, but the past 8 years have proven to be a disappointment (I guess mostly because product quality and support has taken a nose dive at HP and Microsoft).

Building and riding these bikes help me to relax though. I like to start small for fun and then build something even better and eventually build something road worthy. I can't tell you how many times people have looked at my bike and liked it (and rarely laugh - teenagers). I guess it's all psychology and perception as to what reaction people have. SUV drivers like my bike the most (I wonder why? LOL).

I remember the first thought that went through my mind when I saw these engine kits on eBay..."the ultimate bike accessory". Every 5 year old kids dream was to have an engine on their bike and almost 20 years later it became a reality for me!!! It's a wonderful life!!! I'm glad I have ya'll and this forum to share the experience!!!!(^)

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I think this hobby is the greatest because it allows us so much freedom to build them however we want. And ya just can't beat the ride!

Hats off to this forum..................I, for one, would be in a real pickle without it! dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
One thing about the hobby and the members here that surprises me is the number of guys with a history of fast cars and fast motorcycles who now enjoy the quiet put, put, put of a tiny little 2 or 4 stroke hauling them along at a blistering 25mph. There's something to be said for taking life a little slower, cheaper and less exciting. This hobby has to be healthful. Glad I found it.
Tom