Bike rear wheel warping

GoldenMotor.com

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
I got a chinese 80cc conversion kit, installed it successfully, and after last summers pocket bikes im quite familiar with the engines, and the carbs and most parts are interchangeable.

anyways my rear wheel has been feeling like its wobbling i then got off and checked it, turns out the rim is starting to warp, anyways its a cheap rim and ive got more, but what are some tips you have to stop this warping for next time?

i looked at the rear sprocket supplied with the motor and it seems to have the appropriate holes for mounting it on a disc brake hub, would it be good to just buy a disc brake hub and attach it to a rim?

disc brakes are designed to have alot of stress and im sure it would be better then having the sprocket attached to the spokes directly?

let me know what you think

--fang .wee.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you can true the wheel and if any spokes are broken replace them then true the wheel.
the sprocket mounted on the disc brake pad will work some have done just that. I'd like to make a sprocket that would also double as the dics brake but I don't have one to work with yet.
Norman