cag and x2 port maps

GoldenMotor.com

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
im looking for the cag and x2 port maps so i can get the most out of the exhausts available for the ht engines.

if i find them i will add a link or something/ but i think its best to save the picture to harddrive then repost it on tinypics so we can all reference it.

it is beyond my computer to do that/ but i will try some more.

thanks in advance if you find something.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Frank, I actually have a couple of CAG's on the bench ATM, Interesting idea, I've never Mapped a CAG before, but will try and find some time to put a timing wheel on one and see what I can find.
You just want port opening times in Deg's? or did you want me to try and get an actual map transferred to paper?

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
paper please but if its any trouble... i think there are some on pocketbikeplanet forum maybe but i remember needing to be a member to find it.
both the cag and the x2 would be usefull with the x2 being the bigbore and people including mapbike are useing its exhaust instead of the sbp(cag 49cc).

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Have stock 40cc, stock 49cc, and boost ported 'Big bore Kit (49cc) Barrels on the bench. But can't find a sheet of graph paper, 'on to it' though, I'm more interested in port timing, but will do both.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Starting with the Boost ported barrel, cause it's the easiest, lol.
Hope this is what your after? Pic of Deck height, is without base gasket. will set up timing wheel next.
Other barrels may be easier to get accurate measurements if I cut the top off, I have a 49cc barrel that is a little warn that I will likely not reuse, and 40cc barrels, well, they're like 38mm MB cranks, lol. Don't think I'll be bothering with them.
But not letting me upload photos, lol.
There has to be a better way?
Photoshop and 'manage attachments' is a total pain in the ar*e!
Is there another way?

Last edited:

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i can add you on facebook in a minute but try this first. save to harddrive then upload on tinypics then select the correct size. it will then give you back a link that can display the picture on this thread.

thanks

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I see my mistake now, transfer should be 27.5mm not 22.5, My bad writing, lol. Was 4.00 AM with a sprained ankle and pain killers ,still a little drunk..., feeling clearer now. lol.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Taking a 'rough' measurement (steel rule) of the stock barrels, I have transfers again at 27.5mm. But Exhaust at 23.5mm. I'm not entirely sure that I didn't already 'mess' with that boost ported barrel? As I've had it as a spare for a few years now.
Stock 40cc, looks a little closer to 24mm Ex. and 28mm Tr.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
32mm stroke hmm. no wonder this thread is so strangly quiet :)
but i was wanting to know if the stock blowdown is similiar.

thanks theon!

nice wide open transfers are looking tempting. i might have to give it a go on the next cylinder. seems like changing the transfer heights would be easier maybe done like that.