Motorized Bicycle Chain size ?

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Hi. I've tried searching with no luck. Can anyone tell me if there is a chain
other than "415" that I could use for a Kingsmoterbikes "80"?
I live in a small town and all I can find is too small or too big and am hoping that I can get away with another size. I've just moved the motor to another bike and am now one link too short. I do have links left over from the first build and am wondering if I could use a wrong sized link or a new wrong sizes chain.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Re: Chain size ?

I have heard that a BMX chain will work in place of the 415 chain in most cases. I have not tried it myself so I don't know for sure.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

I bought a trick chain at the bike store it was a 415. If you have links left over from the first build, get a chain breaker and just add one of them back. It's easier than finding a 415 for sure.

The standard bike chain is either 3/32 (mtb) or 1/8 (cruiser) wide.. the chain that came with your kit is 3/16 wide. You just need to find one that width I think. they are all three 1/2 between links I believe. I have been told there are some garage door chains that will fit. Mostly look for those dimensions I would think. 1/2 x 3/16

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario

I just got back from the bike store and have ordered the 415. It is the larger BMX size that I was told "nobody uses any longer". I was treated so badly because I have motorized my bike and he will not put the order in until "sometime next week..IF..he gets more orders in" as he said he will not "bother" with ordering one chain in. The guy was a complete jerk and gave me the "do you want me to order it in or not" cr*p when i told him I was disappointed with having to wait a week or two.
I do have enough chain if I were to use the few links I had removed for my original build but I always thought you had to file or grind the head off. This is the first time that I've been without my bike and it sucks!
Deacon..you are saying that I could repair my chain with the use of a chain-breaker.
Would I have to mushroom the pins head with a hammer to keep it in place?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Bike shops that treat people like that. I can't say what should be done cause it ain't pretty.

Norman

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan

# 41 roller chain at Tractors supply you will get 10 feet of chain for about $13.00 and a masterlink they also sell just the masterlink.

This chain is working good on my kings 80 cc chinese.

Ted

flyboy605

May 14, 2008
I have the same problem I didnt get 1 block until the chain broke it is NOT VERY GOOD, I sent an e-mail and got nowhere, I was told they were out of stock and to check their web-site next week, but I did have my engine in TWO DAYS, Thanks for listening Flyboy 605

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Hey flyboy, Still have the chain I ordered in front of me because I ended up fixing mine with the extra links I had from the kit. Just get the BMX chain from a bike store. I have the part number and it is a "415" chain just like the original. Try a "Freestyle extreme 1/2x3/16 made by KMC......K415H .

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

You do realize you responded to a thread from 2008, right? Yeah, forum regulars laugh at guys like you. Just sayin, watch the dates.

That's pretty funny right there, tho rotfl
I really dont care about the dates,,or if guys laugh at me,,just passin time bro
adding my opinion to the thread to add to the book if you will,,people will swing by and read it someday,,good to bump old threads also.
If I needed an answer I would start my own thread.