Sprocket Help

GoldenMotor.com

hipnotic

Mar 20, 2013
USA
Hi I recently purchased a 49cc bike engine kit on ebay and put it on a cruiser. Im getting about 23 mph top speed. I want to switch to a smaller sprocket to get more speed but im not sure what kind to get. Whats the best to get? (as in how many tooth) What will give me the most speed without making it hard on my motor. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello hipnotic, welcome to the forum.

Remember it takes a few hours and a few tanks before your motor will break in. Saying that, some never go faster and some will. From my experience you can have a dozen of these motors and they will all run different.

I run a 36T but that is with a 66cc, I think a 40T is a great compromise between the 36 and 44 and with the smaller motor the 40t may get you what you are looking for.

hipnotic

Mar 20, 2013
USA
Hello hipnotic, welcome to the forum.

Remember it takes a few hours and a few tanks before your motor will break in. Saying that, some never go faster and some will. From my experience you can have a dozen of these motors and they will all run different.

I run a 36T but that is with a 66cc, I think a 40T is a great compromise between the 36 and 44 and with the smaller motor the 40t may get you what you are looking for.
It came with a 41 tooth, so you think I should just keep that? and any other ways to increase power/speed that wont put a huge dent in my wallet.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Although you will hate to hear it, use the search function. This forum is full of performance mods you can do to these little engines!