Honda GS 190 How to use on Motorized Bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
This engine is on local craigs list $120. Add states it was removed from a pressure washer. How does one use this engine when end of the output shaft is geared? Is that part of the shaft or is it removable? See pic. Thx

Attachments

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
Re: Honda GS 190 How to use on MB?

you need a gear puller and you use it to pull the gear and the shaft is under it its a good motor its 5.2 hp 8.3 ft lbs of torque and it weighs 31 lbs

forgot its counterclockwise and if you dont have a gear puller a machine shop will do it

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

This is what they can look like with some ( lotsa ) work in skilled hands. THis is actually a GC 160 but you get the idea. Pic 2 is what happens when you have a board machinest laying about...

Attachments

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA

Oh my lanta!
That is one freaking sweet motor! Their is a crisis in my pants haha

How long did it take to make the engine look like that?

I like the intake, sell any like that?

Is that bike Functional?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

Not my build. Look at the videos, he rides it. Put some ice on that lump. It'll go down :)

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington

always amazed at how skilled others are, its the kind of skill not forsale and when it is I can not afford it..... :(

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.

You want a motor with the 3/4" keyed shaft so it take a common kart/minibike clutch. Don't buy a motor unless you know what shaft it has first. These are very common motors, you should be able to find one with correct shaft for under a hundred bucks.

Unless you know what is under that gear, don't plop down the coin.