gas leaking out of overflow.

GoldenMotor.com

scottyskidoo

Jul 26, 2012
hampton va
So just put togeather my first build. A gt5 on an onyx frame I was actually able to tune the troubled cns v3 carb and i have it running pretty damn good. But alas another problem ive had to turn the air mix screw all the way out, save for a half turn any more in than that and it fourstrokes through the power band. Ive got gas coming out of the overflow tube at WOT. Im asuming that if i go down a jet size it would solve my problem. Im a noob to the engine but not to mechanics for the most part. Just want to check my theory. Thanks. Or possibly i need to make a float adjustment?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
So just put togeather my first build. A gt5 on an onyx frame I was actually able to tune the troubled cns v3 carb and i have it running pretty damn good. But alas another problem ive had to turn the air mix screw all the way out, save for a half turn any more in than that and it fourstrokes through the power band. Ive got gas coming out of the overflow tube at WOT. Im asuming that if i go down a jet size it would solve my problem. Im a noob to the engine but not to mechanics for the most part. Just want to check my theory. Thanks. Or possibly i need to make a float adjustment?
I'd first start with the float adjustment. You never mentioned which carburetor you have. Usually the GT5 (ones that I have seen) comes with a NT speed carburetor, and there is no fuel adjustment, just a idle screw.
http://www.gasbike.net/grubee_skyhawk_gt5_66cc_80cc_slant_head_standard_finish_bike_motor_kit.html#

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Are you certain it's the overflow? I've had a couple of main lines crack and it's hard to tell where it's coming from.

Don't those tubes on a CNS come out and reattach at another point??
- dunno- never had one.