Dellorto clone with mixture screw

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
This carburetor is an identical twin to the recent newest favorite RT carb.
with one important feature that sets it apart. It has an air/fuel mixture screw to help dial it in from idle to 1/4 throttle.

http://www.1977mopeds.com/product/1636/Dakar-15mm-SHA-Clone-Carburetor-/

Has anybody tried this baby out, and if so how do you like it?
I realize it's $15 more than the RT but imagine that it could be well worth it
when it comes to getting it right on these temperamental 2 strokes.

I liked the fact that it has a choke lever, not that retarded second cable
hooked to a handlebar mounted lever like the CNS. I don't have room on my already crowded bars as it is.

It also uses standard 5mm jets.

TiM

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
The rt has a semi-retarded choke system, where you click it on, then it disengages when you give it a certain amount of throttle, i disabled mine so that it acts like a normal choke that stays where you leave it.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I just bought one and will let you know how it works when it comes in next weeek.
Well, it turned out bad for me. In order to get a good fit on my reed valve intake from RSE, I had to tighten the carb cinch bolt. The darn cinch bolt/carb intake assembly sheared from tightening it.

I put my DAX RT carb on instead (same carb but no idle mixture screw) and tightened the carp out of it and it is doing great with no airleaks or problems.

What happened kinda reminds me of the old days (about 6 years ago) when HT engine intakes were made of pot steel and if you tightened the nut on the intake stud holding it too tight, it would snap the pot steel intake flange.

MY ADVICE: GET A DAX RT STYLE CARB. It runs great without a mixture setting for idle.