50cc tight fit

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
WHAT THE HE-LL IS THAT!?!!!???!?? I mean: I love it, and it looks great and I know its a nice Felt frame and all but JEBUS!

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Is that that the new Morini 50cc dual variator engine that sells for about 400 bux?
Yes and no. It is the Morini 50cc dual variator and it is unused but I'm prety sure it is New Old Stock.

Tom
Alunimum but no frame welding, the mounts will be steel and clamp on.

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
And here I thought the china girl on my moon dog was tight! (wait... that didn't sound right) :)

looks like its gonna be awesome... but I hope ya don't ever have to change the spark plug lol ...I am constantly amazed at the enginuity of the people on this forum. That is going to be one BADA$$ bike...
too kool

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
And here I thought the china girl on my moon dog was tight! (wait... that didn't sound right) :)

looks like its gonna be awesome... but I hope ya don't ever have to change the spark plug lol ...I am constantly amazed at the enginuity of the people on this forum. That is going to be one BADA$$ bike...
too kool
Funny how things workout, with running a single chain,to get alignment the engine has to be offset about an inch to the right.
This leaves just enough room to get to the plug and for the exhaust to exit.
Still tight...

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Kinda figured you probly had something worked out in regards to the plug... on my moon dog I just cut a plug wrench that comes in the kit down to fit & it still just barely works.

Like i said... "constantly amazed at the enginuity of the people on this forum"

Good luck with the mounts as well as the rest of the build...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They make shorty plugs for tight fits. I used one on a 24" bike I built a while back. It seemed to work fine. Autolite 2976.

Mark, We can come up with something, no doubt. Too bad the frame is aluminum though. I could TIG up a neat mount if it was steel but I'll be the first to admit my aluminum welding skills suck. Whenever you're ready, let me know.

Tom