Cruiser Decision

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
What cruiser bike is between (quality and price wise) a Schwinn Point Beach and a Felt? There has to be SOMETHING between that price jump? I need something that will reliably handle a 4G 4 stroker.

GSX

Jun 15, 2012
Ray Brook
There is always the huffy panama jack, although i dont care much for the pressed rather then machined rear hub

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Felts are made here in the U.S. and are of better quality than the chinese made Schwinns. I used to be a welder and the welds on my Schwinn are flawless. In case your wondering how a Point Beach looks with a 4 stroker stuffed in the frame here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
not all felts are made in the USA if the high $$$ are made overseas the cheaper ones might be to
Name of product: 2010 Felt model B12, B14, B16 and S32 bicycles.

Importer: Felt Bicycles, of Irvine, Calif.

Manufacturer: ADK Technology Limited of China

Name of product: 2011 Felt F3, F4, F5 and F75 Adultbicycles
Units: About 1,550 units
Importer: Felt Bicycles, of Irvine, Calif.
Manufacturer: ADK Technology Limited of Guang Dong, China

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/Single-Nav/Inside-Felt/Support/Notices.aspx

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok! here is my 2 cents below is my Micargi Huntington Beach Cruiser PREFECT!! for the 4-g,Good welds High Quality and if you go to bikebuyers.com you can get it for 160.oo + 39.oo shipping, so for about $212.oo you'll get a quality bike and bikebuyers has a huge varity to choose from, you can also go to custommotoredbicycles.com and see what the bike looks like with a 4-g in it, here is a pic of mine just to get an idea of the room you'll have and style as well

Attachments

truck D-
Nice Bike!- looks great, i was wondering with what and how did you did that wonderful blue paint job on that motor, I am thinking of painting mine on a new build. also I noticed what looks like a rear mounted gas tank, but I think I see a fuel line coming out of the continuation pipe of the rear fork, does it go through the seat post, how does that work. thanks- Isaac

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I bought the paint at Pep Boys,don't remember the brand name but it is a high temp engine paint, replica Ford blue. I actually took the head & cylinder off to port and polish then re-surface the head then masked off important stuff, left the clutch and magnito covers on painted and then replaced the covers with Sick Bike Parts billet covers witch you can still purchase at SBP the rest is personnal touch customizing
The tank is from Sportsman Flyer, you can go to Pats web site through this forums advertisement to the left of the thread page, you'll also need to get a laid back seat post or make one yourself if you can or know someone who can weld.
The fuel line just comes under the seat and then zip tied to the rt side rear frame stay.
The pic you saw didn't have the fuel line hooked up yet and the seat bracket was flipped top side so the seat sat lower, still adding personal touches, it's never been ridden as it is for sale but not until I've got a few done for a line up, I love this bike and gave it a thirties theme because other then Electra bicycles I've not seen better quality put into a bicycle since early day Schwinn's
Thanks for the compliments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
CDI is hidden under the engine and the elect wiring housing is also the same color as cable housing, don't want to blow my horn but I have not found very many cruiser style M/B's that impress my as Ol' Blue does,.
So if cruisers are your thing then get a Micargi Huntington streched cruiser,
Thanks! for the good words

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
By the way if you don't see the tank for rear mount. give Pat a jingle and he'll make one or check out Venice Motor Bikes they sell Pats products too

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Ibedayank-
I am assuming you know someone living near you and you want to know if its me, otherwise your making a joke or metaphor that i don't understand. I ride a 2 stroke china doll in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and likely live far far away from you.
being there is a Chapel hill just down the road less then 10 miles from me
and your not that far anyway as I am in the state next to you

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Felts are made here in the U.S. and are of better quality than the chinese made Schwinns. I used to be a welder and the welds on my Schwinn are flawless. In case your wondering how a Point Beach looks with a 4 stroker stuffed in the frame here's a pic of mine.
This Felt Slant was not made in the U.S., nor was the engine. It was all made in China and then built-up here in the U.S.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/img1505kk.jpg/]
[/URL]

dnut