So you wanna make a really authentic early BTR...?

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
regrettable indeed!
here it is. genuine motor, frame etc built around it. will try & find out the exact price it went for

Thanks, Brett. Looks good, I would have chosen a different color layout but everybody has got a different taste. Definitely a nice bike!

Thanks for the info about the Indian Moped engine, Steve

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
...I read something about a fellow in LA buying the indian name and getting italians involved... minarelli and morini. then he also built some with hodaka engines.

I think the ebay link to the indian moped engine was minarelli or morini.
I've had hodaka before. They were very good. strong and reliable.
rc

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I have a couple of those that I'm going to make into "Genuine Indian" BTR's.

They have the built in crank and pedals, so I'll do the modified cut and re-welded girl's bike frame, and mount the engine low.
that was exactly what I was thinking, guess those engines are hard to find here in europe, will check

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Right, it was Aermacchi that made the little Harley dirt bike I was thinking of. When I was a kid the guy down the street had one. I thought it was cool because it said "Harley" on it! :)

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Cool, I have a 72 indian 50~ 4 enduro. it needs a cutch cabe tho but the little thing runs like a top and all of my friends 100s and 250s can't touch the little gooner on straighaways (no idea howit does but its awesom) or on hill climbs (its fun untill you halfto try to turn around). And it needs a new carb,the old minerelli one leaks like a s.I.v