Just Saw A Wood Boat Building Documentary

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Good Good some docu's are depressing or upsetting! While I could have fell asleep to this one under the right circumstances I actually enjoyed it. Seamed a good essence of integrity in it. I was going over in my mind the math and shapes/tools hands on experience , sense of discipline and presented family integrity.

A life time of learning/discerning/comprehension/ working with ones hands was pretty cool! Was not super extravagant as presentation goes but to me still was nice with a little imagination as tools and ideas presented themselves I was quite taken in the deal.

Beyond a doubt every bit dreamy. Beauty always falls into the eyes of the beholder. I always enjoyed a sense of simplicity. This is kinda what I got from this.

I did enjoy this one . For me it was as I described yet I was all eyes looking at the tooling etc . I always enjoyed that sorta thing tho.

Documentaries are so nice to find the little jewels in things. There are life's treasures every where when we look.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
One guy said it in the docu said it right. He said some folks have a sense of perfectionism and they are plain blessed/lucky to enjoy venting out their outlet into something they enjoy;)

He was the guy saying He could see a 1/8 inch wave in a surface that needed attention. I learned that I was in automotive paint and body collision repair. Lots of bondo and learning your hands and block sanding. I could identify I've done some carpentry as well.

Last edited:

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i don't watch depressing docs.

i watch a lot of science, nature, psychology, & philosophy.

i agree about people that take pride in their work.
****, if i go into a fast food restaurant. the cashier will ask to help me then answer their cell phone & start chatting.
people don't have pride in their work any more.
i blame it on companies that try to put out experience for cheaper labour.
i did a job for 6 years & then moved to a different part of the state. when i applied for the same kind of job they said they only want inexperienced people.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Wasn't "Charlotte" the name of the boat in the Arctic in that nicholas cage movie 'national treasure' ?

I'll try and hang on to hulu long enough to watch it...
Tnx
rc

I like boats!

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Before I did what Im doing now I was a wooden boatbuilder. Somewhere in a draw somewhere I have a piece of paper that says Im qualified in it!
Very hard work but also very rewarding.