Thanks For Looking

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

Last edited:

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Nice joker! I see you just have the one reduction gear. How is that working for you? I thought that setup would burn the clutch. Is that the 2 1/2HP (now about $72) or the 6 1/2 ($80) I plan to get one of each for future builds.

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
THANKS
that is the 2.5 79cc with just a cyntrfigal clutch just like on the mini bike i rode as a kid
i would strongly suggest this motor on the top end it seems to move the bike effortlessly maybe its the gear ratio.
doesnt take off the line fast but on top end just seems to wind forever, i have it detuned so i can properly break the motor in.
but compared to my china girl zero vibration and half the rpm
thanks for looking

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Are those 20" wheels? What size rear sprocket are you using? Many of us are interested in that motor. This looks like a simple way to set it up. I think most builds are using a higher gear reductgion.

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
yes they are 20in i mocked the whole bike up and got it operating and just completed disassembly for paint, i am impressed with the way it rides.
i will be posting more pics later this week.
cintrifigal clutch straight to the stock rear sprocket that comes with the china girl kits
i had to use a wider chain though for the clutch.
anybody any heigth can ride this bike i am 6ft 8in
i was inspired by a drag bike i saw on youtube that was tiny and a full size guy rode it

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
i finished the paint on the gas tank black with harlquin micro flake then airbrushed true fire
using candy colors then 2 coats of automotive grade clearcoat.
i am in the process of painting the frame competition orange more pics on the way

IMG_1153[1].jpg

IMG_1154[1].jpg

IMG_1155[1].jpg

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
thanks brett
i have been practicing about 30 years just to paint this bike i just finished the paint on the frame COMPETITION ORANGE AND TRYING TO DECIDE IF I LIKE IT
what city are you in ?

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
First off sweet looking bike. That thing is awesome.
Are you going to go ahead and route the peddle chain? I started my west coast chopper cfl this week also using an old 3 hp briggs. I am keeping my peddle power though for the rear coaster brake and to keep it legal. without the functioning peddles in oklahoma it is a scooter with no vin or lights.

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
thank you
yes i am hooking up the peddle chain when i strecthed the frame i made a specific spot
for the motor but because it is so wide i am fabricating brackets under the motor mount
so the chain will go under it then back up.
thats somthing i didnt figure into the equasion but thats the way it goes when you build somthing that doesnt exist.
you may have the same problem.
i stretch this bike 16 inches but what a nice predictable ride

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
THANKS
that is the 2.5 79cc with just a cyntrfigal clutch just like on the mini bike i rode as a kid
i would strongly suggest this motor on the top end it seems to move the bike effortlessly maybe its the gear ratio.
doesnt take off the line fast but on top end just seems to wind forever, i have it detuned so i can properly break the motor in.
but compared to my china girl zero vibration and half the rpm
thanks for looking
what brand is the clutch, or where did you get it?
I just picked up couple of these engines and need a couple for my next builds...
really like the clean look of yours!