Worksman Factory - NYC Trip :)

GoldenMotor.com

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi all!

Just got back from NYC and I did a "must see".

I visited the Worksman Factory In Ozone Park, NY.

It was cool!

I met and chatted up with Al, the production manager. He said he works with "Sportsman", who is in our forum, yes? Al admires your work, Sportsman!

This was the first time for me to see the bike up close. The frames are skinnier than I thought, and I looooove the rims! I didnt realize the rims were not v brake capable, as they are clincher rims.

They had a sample sale a few weeks back, and had some samples left displayed in the corporate office area. I liked the chrome newsboy with a front french drum brake. Normally about $515.00, but had it for $400.00 out the door.

I didnt have room in the car! :(

Maybe I'll call Al and see what it would run shipped to me in FL.

There was some chatter on the forum(s) about a drop loop frame made directly from Worksman. Al said this has been a rumor for decades, but will NEVER happen due to liability issues. (direct from the source.)

I hope I posted in the right place, and I will post the Worksman pics later on.

:)

add:
Im sorry, its Sportscarpat, who makes the Sportsman, my bad, is that correct? :)

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hey,worksmanFL.Can I jump in on your own thread? I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had trouble posting pics! I'd help you out but I'd probably make it worst for you! once you get it figured out can't wait to see your pics!Kip.
[email protected]

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hey,worksmanFL.Can I jump in on your own thread? I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had trouble posting pics! I'd help you out but I'd probably make it worst for you! once you get it figured out can't wait to see your pics!Kip.
[email protected]
Hi! A repose post! Thank you!

Its just a few pics, not really a big deal, but I had to do it since im a Worksman fan.

I'll post once I find the time to figure it out. :)