Help please

GoldenMotor.com

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
My brand new 49cc 2 stroke appears to be seized up. It is impossible to turn the small gear the chain attaches too with the provided tool, so much so that attempting loosened the nut on the gear. I am attempting to take the head off to see if I can free the cylinder but i don't know how to remove the shaft:confused: that makes the piston go up and down. I am attaching 2 pics of how it is right now and a link to my prior post which explains what happened in a little more detail. Thank you very much

Kelly

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/running-again-break-heat-question-23557.html

Attachments

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Look in the intake and exhaust ports and see if a ring is caught on the lip.

That engine looks like its never been started......

What are you doing ? Did you try pulling in the clutch ? Making sure the clutch is all there ? The shaft , the ball , etc ?

Reading your other post it seems you dont have the clutch right. Repost when you have your engine back together and your camera ready. Lemme guess , you let out the clutch and your back tire just skidded ...... ?

Last edited:

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
I can see The ring around the top portion of the piston through the intake port, but it looks like its where it's supposed to be on that side. The shaft and cylinder are moving together and I cannot get them loose. When the engine was on the bike it wasn't turning over. The clutch definitely needed some adjustment, but with the clutch out the piston wasn't moving

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Well..... a tiny washer from the air filter is caught in between the shaft and cylinder. How much is the scratches I'm sure are there now going to effect the way it runs? it's on the part I can see through the intake.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Well..... a tiny washer from the air filter is caught in between the shaft and cylinder. How much is the scratches I'm sure are there now going to effect the way it runs? it's on the part I can see through the intake.
Norm may be an big help on this if he is not real busy .. i want to see what is going on

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Use a screw driver and try and push the rings in threw the port , enough for the washer to fall out. If you get it out , take a picture of the scratch.

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Damn, that thing is stuck!!! Any other tricks to get the piston out? I think I'm going to order a 66cc 2010 Grubee from Piston Bikes. I still want to get this out and fix the motor, this has been a great learning experience, but need to get this running. Thanks for the help!

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
It must have fallen in when I removed the air filter to let it dry. I will attempt to get it out after work like mindreader suggested, but I'm worried the scratched piston/cylinder will mess up the performance.

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
That's kind of what I figured. I'm going to order a 66cc Grubee tonight and the one with the washer in it will be for my education. This gave me time to get my bike finished though. I flipped the handle bars adn added a dual-lever brake last night. Peace

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I think I'm going to order a 66cc 2010 Grubee from Piston Bikes.
Only gasbike.net has 2010 Grubee's. The new EPA rules require the distributor be approved too and only gasbike.net is. Anything you get from Piston Bikes is either a 2009 or something they bought from gasbike.

Check the Vendor area, I posted up their $35 coupon and all 4 motors (48-66) black or silver cost the same.

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
KC, thanks man. I checked their site and they cost 50 bucks more than piston. I'll call Piston and verify that it's the 2010 before I order. piston motor only - $99 gasbike motor only - $155