New issues arise with The General

GoldenMotor.com

bcals0087

Mar 13, 2010
USA
Hello everyone,

I'm somewhat new to the forum, and have successfully completed my first motor bike. I purchased the Micargi General from Zone 8. No complaints, highly recommend them-great customer service. I also purchased the PK80 Stealth motor from Pirate Cycles, and once again no complaints for them. Highly HIGHLY recommend you buy your motors from these guys. I have never had better service, and with these guys, there is ALWAYS a solution.

So everything hooked up fine, but you must remember that there is no quality control over any brand of these 2 cycle motors you buy, (which by the way has nothing to do with the retailer, just the factory they come from), so in my case I had a bad kill switch. NO PROBLEM, Pirate cycles sent me a new one.

I just finished breaking in the motor but am still taking it easy because I want to get the most out of what I payed for. Today I took the bike out, first ride of the day, and I just could not get it to start. The fuel line was full, which was odd considering most times I go to ride the bike for the first time during the day, the fuel line is empty, and I have to prime it and turn the choke up. I primed twice (two quick pushes) and turned the choke up, and nothing turned over, not even a little putter. My thought initially was that it was flooded, but i've never had any issues with that before. My other thought was the fuel mix ratio. After a motor is broken in at 50 miles, should you drain the gas and add a higher ratio? I've gone by the book, and could this be the issue? I had gas, I purchased a heavier duty spark plug because the stock ones are sh*t, and everything has been fine. I pretty much killed myself trying to get this sucker to start and I got nada, and i'm pissed. Any suggestions? anyone happen to have the same problem? I baby this bike because like I said, I'm going to get the most out of my money. Any help would be awesome, as I'm dying to get on the bike and ride!!!:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Are you saying the carb float stuck and over flowed oily two stroke mix and it leaked into the clutch area and got on the pads and now it won't turn the engine when you try to start it?

bcals0087

Mar 13, 2010
USA
I'm not exactly sure, but fuel has leaked out of the carb, but sometimes I had to prime it that much to get it to start. If this is indeed the case, how would I be able to correct this problem?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If the engine turns when you pedal ,then I guess to start with check it for spark,and while it (spark plug)is out ,is it flooded...you might look in the clutch cover for fuel mix,if its there as bikeguy says the float may be sticking or even have developed a hole,its just check and eliminate any problems you find,please do pic's if you can

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Hi bcals0087,

Maybe the plug fouled with the rich break in mix your running. Check It and see.. If not the plug then check for spark.. If no spark its a CDI or a Mag Problem. Either way it's easily fixable..

If you are being too easy on the break in you are definitely at risk of fouling your plug. Its OK to rev it up here and there on the break in.

The 15 min run time and the 1/2 hour cool down process is most important on the break in..

Also, Try to forget the prime button exists. I have never used it. It may be flooding your carb out..

Let me know if you need a replacement plug or what you come up with. Im here!

Don't get discouraged..

Justin