Never text and drive

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have an 80 mile a day commute and have been doing it for nearly 15 years and although I've never seen anything this dramatic I've watched people do things on the road while involved with either their cell phones or other distractions that amaze me.
This is a national epidemic that will not go away until the insurance industry has more financial pull than the telecommunications people do. Cell phones in cars should be outlawed; period...
Tom

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
here in s.c. there is a hard push to atleast make texting illegal,problem is..how do you enforce it...people can just hold the phone down so law enforcement cant see it,but it is very dangerous and stupid to text while driving.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I hear you on that one Deacon,,,I haven't driven since '89
(lost that privilege due to my eyes)

it always seems scarier from the passenger seat !!!
I still 'ghost brake' LOL

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Me too and it makes my wife crazy. I stopped last year at the time i was having seizures. Now I just cant see well enough and my short term memory is spotty. I forget what I just saw in the rear view mirror. At least on the bike I probably can't kill a car full of kids.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
laff my daughter thinks I do it because I am scared to ride with her !!!
that is why I didn't even take my bike around the track at the DR
with the girls/trailer, I go at a slow speed, but I didn't want to take anyone out on the track because I was going faster than I could safely handle