We sure stay up late

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I get up stupid early... I dunno why, but I've found I get good stuff done tinkerin' on my bike in the quiet hours - I'm far too cranky after the workday is done to do anything more constructive than jus' ride *shrug*

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
I'm on here a lot at night and noticed that there are tons of people on here in the wee hours. any insomniacs here?
how bout any night shift workers here???any alcoholics here???any tweekers???im night shift myself so my schedule is wierd already....but hey how normal are we into this hobby really???its 3 am now...i should go to bed...gotta work bright and early at 4 tomarrow....oh yeah thats pm

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
When I was a 9 to 5 suit and tie guy I had a typical sleep schedule but now that I'm retired my sleeping patterns are messed..lol..it's more like I catnap as opposed to sleep. Oh well there's something to be said for getting up at 2am to a perfectly quiet house and getting 5 or more hrs in the workshop or reading room without any distraction other than the tea kettle whistle.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
how bout any night shift workers here???any alcoholics here???any tweekers???im night shift myself so my schedule is wierd already....but hey how normal are we into this hobby really???its 3 am now...i should go to bed...gotta work bright and early at 4 tomarrow....oh yeah thats pm
This isn't exactly the place to admit you are a speed freak or alky.

The reason people stay up late/are insomniacs will have to remain a mystery.

Thanks for listening.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
P.S., night shift will really mess you up in the long run. It took me weeks to get "back to normal" after moving to another day shift job. During my night shift job, I didn't really ever get much done besides work and (trying) to sleep.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
In another life, I worked rotating shifts.. five days... five evenings... and five midnights with as couple of days off in between. It was the worst days of my life, sleep wise.\

Now I'm afraid I won't wake up I guess.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
laff LoL, I don't think the tweekers are gonna give up the ghost that easy....lol. Insomniac here but I have sleeping a lot more since my daughter was born, not really sleeping better, just more.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
With 19,000 (and countless guests) members... there's somebody on here all the time!!

Some cool stats from Paul.

motorbicycling.com
Motor Bicycling Company Profile: This website has an estimated 191,900 monthly visits. According to Alexa, Motorbicycling has a worldwide rank of 131,080, and has 285 external websites linking to it. The top categories for motorbicycling.com include Cycling / Chats and Forums.