Technicly a motorized bicycle, Right?

GoldenMotor.com

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I was cgecking out these mopeds on another site and saw what looks to be a M/B. It is a Puch moped with pedals like a bicycle.

Anyways, I like the rear wheel setup.

Attachments

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I wasn't sure if posting a pic of a moped would offend anybody. I'm happy it did not.
I think some of the parts would work well and look good on an M/B. I'm thinking a mountain bike frame and maybe a cafe racer look.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
LoL heh this kind of stuff was my inspiration so I definately wouldn't be offended. Plus technically all of our bikes are Mopeds. Motor+Pedals=MOPED so they are just home made mopeds! See the add on the left of the screen that shows "mopeds"? those are not mopeds, they are scooters. Once again to be a moped you must have a motor and pedals.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think you have us confused with brand X forum. Here we are into everything. Not a purist in the house that I know of. In the sixties I took one of their 109 cc bikes on a 500 mile road trip. I will have to tell you all about it some day.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
That engine sprocket looks like it could rather easily convert to a BMX style freewheel sprocket thus making pedaling this thing with engine off rather easy.
It's so much closer looking to an MB than a Moped that this is what you may end up with
if you build one no expense spared.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
you are right about the brand "x" forum. they kinda take the perspective that the hamb takes toward rat rods. anyway the mopeds are awesome i've had a few of em. I have a 77 foxy gt powered by a puch 40 cc hanging in the rafters. last weekend I bought 2 more little vespa paggio ciaos. they also are low on hp. as you said though there are alot of nice parts on these things. before i cannibalize mine i'm going to get with the guys at moped nation and see if i can put a big bore kit and heavy duty clutch shoes in it. right now me being 250lbs it doesn't carry me nearly a 1/4 as good as my little 70 cc chinese shop built mb. mine has a freewheel gear on the left to peddle with and on the right a belt drive gear reduction dual centrifigual clutch set up. the faster you peddle the more the clutch grabs to spin the engine then the engine starts and spins another centrifugal clutch to propel me at not astonishing speed. I want to take the gear reduction rear wheel from on of the vespas lace it to my stingray rim so i have gear reduction and good brakes. I dunno what i'm powering it with yet though been toying with the briggs 5 hp i got in the corner just begging to be used.