horrible carb problems

GoldenMotor.com

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
so i went to ride my bike the other day and i turned the fuel shut off to "on" and gas ran out of the carb air intake.I took the cover off and it pours out from the choke hole thing.what can i do to fix this?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There is probably a tiny spec of dirt or something stuck in the inlet needle.
What I always do first is to tap on the float bowl with a screwdriver handle to try to break it free.
If that doesn't stop the gas from pouring out, then you must open it up & clean it out.

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
Take the carb off. Remove the two screws that hold the float bowl on. Check the float to see if it is full of fuel. If so, replace it. If not look at the brass u shaped lever that the float pushes against. It is held in place with a pin. Push the pin out and remove the arm. You will find the inlet needle and seat. There is likely a piece of debris preventing the needle from closing on the seat and blocking the flow of fuel. Clean well with carb cleaner and reassemble.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
When you do take the thing apart you probably will not see the offending piece of dirt.
You might find some stuff that looks like dirt in the float bowl.
Run an inline paper fuel filter to help stop the fine stuff from setting up shop in the carb.
Good luck hope you get it repaired.