Bog Bog

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Alright...

I was noticing that it takes my bike a few times to start. After when I let it idle for about a minute, then give it a a rev and it bogs. So I let it warm up some more and it still bogs. So then I gave it a few HARD revs and its went away.

Also even when my bike is warmed up after riding for 45 minutes, I kill it, try and start it again and takes a few times to start bogs ect ect. Why??

I just replaced the old wire butts with some new ones (thanks dave:)) and am running a fresh NGK with a tan color. Im waiting to fire her up til tomorrow to see if the butts will help.

If it still bogs what could be my problem?

Much Thanks

Tcams

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
From what I heard today Tyler it kinda sounds like it is running rich, when you get the rpm up it goes away because you are turning enough rpms to compensate for the extra fuel. When the rpm drops it bogs because it is getting too much fuel... just my thought.

But it is kinda weird, I have never experienced the kind of bogging you are seeing. We need to better adjust your throttle cable as well.

I might be able to cruise by tomorrow and we can see if we can get that sucker to run right again.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Have you checked your fuel filter.Sounds like you are getting trash in your carb.H.D.
My fuel filter does have some stuff in it but I dont think its making its way into the carb. Could be though.

Dave: My plug looks perfect. Im pretty sure. Its definatly tan in the middle and a lil black on the out ring. Im running 32:1 also w/ some cheap ace syn oil.

After I give it a few high revs its fine after that though. Its just when starting.

I can also cruise to you place if you want. I was gonna go for a cruise in the morning anyways. But if you insist on cruising over, go for it, if you have the time that is, just let me know.

Thanks

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My fuel filter does have some stuff in it but I dont think its making its way into the carb. Could be though.

Dave: My plug looks perfect. Im pretty sure. Its definatly tan in the middle and a lil black on the out ring. Im running 32:1 also w/ some cheap ace syn oil.

After I give it a few high revs its fine after that though. Its just when starting.

I can also cruise to you place if you want. I was gonna go for a cruise in the morning anyways. But if you insist on cruising over, go for it, if you have the time that is, just let me know.

Thanks
I was gonna ride the Specialized Death Racer up to my uncles near Thornydale & Cortaro. He's having trouble getting his backhoe to run. I thought maybe I would swing by on the way back but I am not to sure how long it will take me.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I was gonna ride the Specialized Death Racer up to my uncles near Thornydale & Cortaro. He's having trouble getting his backhoe to run. I thought maybe I would swing by on the way back but I am not to sure how long it will take me.
Forsure!!

Can you call me when your leaving your uncles?? Do you still have my number?