Problem with chain not staying on

GoldenMotor.com

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
My chain wont stay on. Turned the sprocket around and took out one of the rubber insoles and it still comes off.
I actually lose the chain link and tensioner last night.
I tried welding the chain link together but t wont stay on.
Is there better chains?
This is an HT china motor.:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
something is crooked - grinding the sides of the rear sprocket teeth so they find the gap in the chain better always helps, but you need to check that your sprocket is not wobbling either side-to-side or up-and-down - after that, you need to check that the tensioner is aligned to feed the chain exactly to the bottom of the rear sprocket

I sorted this chain thing out years ago and no matter how nasty the chain, I never have one fall off or even make noises now.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
Im guessing u got the 410 chain.
u can get the 415 420 or get the 41 from local hardware or supply store.

also put some rubber under the tensioner ... Will hold it more solid

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
Got it under control. Found part of the master link but not the lock so I welded the tips of the master link so they wont got back out through the whole
Thos after trying to weld around the circular part noticed it was making it break. Doing only thw tip of the tiny bolts going through. Its runny better.
Btw gotta fix my/buy a new spark plugs. Because I didnt even set it at .17-.20 . Just screwed it in.
And dont have a chain for pedals so im starting the bike going downhill.

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
Im guessing u got the 410 chain.
u can get the 415 420 or get the 41 from local hardware or supply store.

also put some rubber under the tensioner ... Will hold it more solid
Have the 415h chain. For as long as my newb weld ticks last

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
something is crooked - grinding the sides of the rear sprocket teeth so they find the gap in the chain better always helps, but you need to check that your sprocket is not wobbling either side-to-side or up-and-down - after that, you need to check that the tensioner is aligned to feed the chain exactly to the bottom of the rear sprocket

I sorted this chain thing out years ago and no matter how nasty the chain, I never have one fall off or even make noises now.
Rotated the sprocket and added the fiber tire oval spacer looking thing. So it has it on both sides now.
Just cant find a good sweet point on the nob

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sorry you welded you master link - at the drags in the 70s they didn't allow clips on the links, so we used safety wire - 2 wraps around the groove in each pin, then twist it tight and clip it so a 1/4 inch is left - never falls off