Jerking and Bogging

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
:-||hey my friend has a mb and when we start it and give it gas it startes to jerk and bogin out the motor is 66/80 skyhawk cab is nt can anyone tell me what the deal is on his bike please it hasnt been runnin good every sence he got it i have been leavin em behind on my 48cc the float is cuttin off level with the float new gasket on the float bowl oh and now sence its been jerkin 15 is top speed some would let me know what to do would be appr thanx

Steve1990

Jun 12, 2012
I can see Detroit from here!
Re: some info please

First, check to make sure its getting sufficient fuel flow. Disconnect the line from the carb, open the valve, should get a nice steady stream of fuel. If you don't, disconnect the line at the valve (if you have a fuel filter), and repeat the above test. If you still don't have good fuel flow, replace the shutoff valve.

If its not that, move into the carb. Take some carb cleaner and shoot into the fuel valve (the one that the float normally opens and closes), might be some debris in there blocking things up. Then try adjusting the slide needle clip position. Should be 4 or 5 slots for it to go into. Also, the main jet can work loose and fall into the float bowl, which will give you no top end (run VERY rich if at all above 3/4 throttle).

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL

If that doesn't work, make sure his fuel is properly mixed (not too much 2 stroke oil, not too little). Also, change the spark plug.

Skinee

Jul 1, 2012
Brampton, Ontario

First, check to make sure its getting sufficient fuel flow. Disconnect the line from the carb, open the valve, should get a nice steady stream of fuel. If you don't, disconnect the line at the valve (if you have a fuel filter), and repeat the above test. If you still don't have good fuel flow, replace the shutoff valve.

If its not that, move into the carb. Take some carb cleaner and shoot into the fuel valve (the one that the float normally opens and closes), might be some debris in there blocking things up. Then try adjusting the slide needle clip position. Should be 4 or 5 slots for it to go into. Also, the main jet can work loose and fall into the float bowl, which will give you no top end (run VERY rich if at all above 3/4 throttle).
bloody happened to me, the main jet in the float fell off, i rode 17km at 26km an hr. yay:-||