recomendations for good clutch on my 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

gravitty

May 21, 2011
yosemite ca
hi fellow bikers but am having trouble with stock clutch on my 5g 4 stroke kit bought from bikeberry with the peice of crap hoot gear box. gear box broke before i could get out of driveway. took weeks they finaly replaced it now clutch spring broke. can anyone recomend a better then stock replacement or fix for clutch. thank you.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
hi fellow bikers but am having trouble with stock clutch on my 5g 4 stroke kit bought from bikeberry with the peice of crap hoot gear box. gear box broke before i could get out of driveway. took weeks they finaly replaced it now clutch spring broke. can anyone recomend a better then stock replacement or fix for clutch. thank you.
It sounds like you got the same thing that I got. I had a damaged spring and I removed it and put the clutch back on with just the remaining 3 springs. I couldn't be happier with the way the clutch works now. I'm running the gearbox with 3 oz's of Mobile 1 Gear Oil LS and some molly grease. Too much molly and the clutch will start grabbing a little funny at takeoff. Also, getting the slop out of the clutch bell/gear assmbly and lined up with the planetary grsar teeth does help with the noise. On mine I ground the weld on the back of the bell so it would fit true then shimmed with teflon washers and trimmed a little of the shaft bushing (careful not to trim too much) to limit the in and out play. Nothing but FUN!

NOTE: I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but the missing spring side on my clutch faces outward >]