212cc Predator Build on Felt Slant

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I have been lurking for a while and haven't posted anything new. My 99cc predator has been running good besides being hard starting in the mornings, i think it needs a good carb cleaning.

But a few months ago someone sold me a cheap 212cc predator that they tried to mount on a small go ped but it destroyed the mounts after a few runs.

I haven't had much time to work it between school and work. I have used other members rides as inspiration.

I had the motor mounted up since thanksgiving and have just been slowly fabricating parts needed to get everything going.

Im running 24" on the rear and 26" up front 2.4 CST Cyclops

The front springer fork looks nice but it wont allow me to run a 203mm rotor and the mini bike hydraulic brake from Agk so it has to be changed out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nice. I was about to ask where those tires came from then I saw the info. I pretty much like everything about your bike. Probably how I would start the build. Is that a custom engine mount or you buy it somewhere? The front and back clamps are enough?

The green felt slant on cl right now.. that one yours?

Mini bike hydraulic brake... you talkin about this one? or the other one? I'm running a stroker.. but it feels kinda weak.. slowing from 30 its solid but from 45 its scary.

Likin' your build. Would like to use that motor someday.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice. I was about to ask where those tires came from then I saw the info. I pretty much like everything about your bike. Probably how I would start the build. Is that a custom engine mount or you buy it somewhere? The front and back clamps are enough?

The green felt slant on cl right now.. that one yours?

Mini bike hydraulic brake... you talkin about this one? or the other one? I'm running a stroker.. but it feels kinda weak.. slowing from 30 its solid but from 45 its scary.

Likin' your build. Would like to use that motor someday.
"I'm the man in the box..." (speaking of your sig.) lol

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
It's a heavy duty 4 stroke mount that you can buy for the 49cc hs that I drilled to accept the 212 and gring here and there to accept the angle so that the engine would clear the frame. I'm on summer brake so I've been working on the bike for a while. I'll post some updates sometime this week when I get more pictures

I have a third engine mount im finishing up and a support that runs from the jack shaft to the engine mount

Yes I'm running that front brake, not as strong as I hoped when I tested it.

Yup that yellow slant is mine, need money for projects and school

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !

I had a brief couple of days of no work before school started to get this bike going.

Still has some kinks like needing a new clutch, exhaust support, fuel starve issue, and getting the right gear ratio.

But this is one mean bike .duh.

Attachments