Need to true rear wheel, but.....

GoldenMotor.com

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
I noticed the spokes are really loose, so I need to have my rear wheel trued. My question is, is it necessary to remove the rear sprocket, or can I leave it on? I'd hate to take it off...it's a pain to put it back on.......

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
Okay, cool. My second question is, I rode it to work this morning before realizing that the spokes were super loose...should I just ride it home slowly, or put it on the bus bike rack? I don't want to bend my wheel by putting it on the bus rack...it's aluminum.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Okay, cool. My second question is, I rode it to work this morning before realizing that the spokes were super loose...should I just ride it home slowly, or put it on the bus bike rack? I don't want to bend my wheel by putting it on the bus rack...it's aluminum.
You may find that the bus driver won't let you put your motorrized bike on the rack. I've been refused due to the gas tank. One driver actually radioed into the dispatcher to find out weather or not I could put my bike on the rack and was told not to allow it. I'd just go ahead and ride it as is and just take it easy until you get the wheel retensioned.

ocscully