Estoy aqui! Finally

GoldenMotor.com

El Timon

Jul 28, 2011
Arizona
To start with I'm a phonetic speller, so excuse the following errors. My girl is a Dimondback "Transpoter" commuter (chromoly)frame. GEBE tanaka 40cc, 76mm clutch kit. At the moment the engine is stock with a welded to seat stays "permanent" platform. Top speed: 34Mph without head or tail wind. This one is to be my test bike for the frame I plan to get in the future. I don't like the fact that I have a drive system that is proprietary, i.e. the belt and drive ring. I want to switch over to chain drive soon. Should anyone have questions about my build or just want to give a shout out, your more than welcome as I plan on given/gettin as much advice as I can. So very happy to be a part of the forum now, was waiting until I got her road ready before I did. Please take a look at the photos on my profile as I do not have resizing software(no thread pics yet). Thanks for having me here!

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Welcome..

Pictures will be cool.

There are free programs out there.. I take it you are using Microsoft products.

You can pick up Red Hat "Fedora 15" and the graphics program GIMP is a fully functional program that does more than I understand but resizing is a simple function..
Did I mention Red Hat is Free?

Again Welcome

El Timon

Jul 28, 2011
Arizona
Thanx Ernst on the Red Hat info., yes am using MS-XP pro, will get right on it as I want opinions on the work I've done thus far. Not native to spanish myself, Timon is my middle name, but also means "rudder" in spanish. And thanx to everyone else who has posted, helps to make me feel a little more at home. Looking forward to a long lasting relationship with all on the forum.
Question: How do I contact a specific member? -DetonatorTuning- is the person who started to "chain up his GEBE" his experience with that and DDM's GP460 intrigues me. Also has anyone out there had issue w/DDM's customer service?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hola Timon!
Bienvenidos a Motorbicycling!

Sounds like you have a nice MAB... Mucho gusto! Muy firme, no?

I think you can use the search button, locate the name you wish, then send a PM. ...should work abt like that... :)

Best
rc

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanx Ernst on the Red Hat info., yes am using MS-XP pro, will get right on it as I want opinions on the work I've done thus far. Not native to spanish myself, Timon is my middle name, but also means "rudder" in spanish. And thanx to everyone else who has posted, helps to make me feel a little more at home. Looking forward to a long lasting relationship with all on the forum.
Question: How do I contact a specific member? -DetonatorTuning- is the person who started to "chain up his GEBE" his experience with that and DDM's GP460 intrigues me. Also has anyone out there had issue w/DDM's customer service?
To send a PM or email to a member, just click on their name in a post on the upper left. A drop down menu will drop down and give you several options.

El Timon

Jul 28, 2011
Arizona
Tread Pics Available Now!

Thanks for the search info. Dan, I'll give it a shot. Figured out the thread pics issue by opening my profile album, right click, save picture as and save to my pictures. They had already been reduced by the forums software(thank you forum web-masters)! So here they are everyone! let me know what ya think, please. Remeber the paint is stock at the moment, except the seat/chain stays(.99 cent black gloss to fight the rust from gettin a hold)

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Your bike looks good, but I had to find my magnifying glass to see it.
The picture thing is a little tricky at first. It took me almost 6 months before I figured it all out, and that was with reading various threads on the subject. I eventually printed them out and went step by step.
I like the GEBE drive alot. Keep us updated with it's performance and durability?