howd you guys solve this problem

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have a similar prob. I'm going to move my ignition box back to the seat tube. I'll let you know if it works. A lot of riders deal with this.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
fixed mine buy replacing the batt an cleaning the batt contacts with a pencil eracer then it worked great till the vibes rubbed the little nubs that hold it on off. it's more fun without it you have to feel the speed more

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
After my first shwinn electronic one became possessed from my CDI it was never the same and only worked intermittantly. I replaced it with a good old fashioned mechanical unit. I'll never go back it's so much easier to read. Cruising at 30 is the middle of the gauge it's great. Give up on Chinese electronics and get a tiawan front wheel mechanical unit for your $20 you will be much happier. I've now topped out around 42 mph but I think it could go faster but I don't want to. Go old school and get a gauge. dance1

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
After my first shwinn electronic one became possessed from my CDI it was never the same and only worked intermittantly. I replaced it with a good old fashioned mechanical unit. I'll never go back it's so much easier to read. Cruising at 30 is the middle of the gauge it's great. Give up on Chinese electronics and get a tiawan front wheel mechanical unit for your $20 you will be much happier. I've now topped out around 42 mph but I think it could go faster but I don't want to. Go old school and get a gauge. dance1
im thinking your right it worked back in the day just fine but now local stores don't carry them ebay i guess