can someone have a look at this?

GoldenMotor.com

13b

Apr 14, 2009
knoxville, tn

ok, i assume that spacer looking thing in the middle between the spokes and the rear fork is the dust cap/cover. all i have to do is grind the back of it down and i can put the sprocket on right behind it? is that all i need to do in order to make the sprocket work with coaster brakes?

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
You may have to bend the coaster brake arm to get the sprocket on.You may not have to do anything to the dust cover if the sprocket fits.You can also take the arm off first then install the sprocket and reinstall the arm.With it off you can check the clearance of the dust cover easier.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Take the brake arm off BEFORE putting the sprocket on...
If the sprocket is going to touch the dust cap, (it's hard to tell until you start to tighten the bolts), you must trim the outer edge of the dust cap... (or make the hole in the sprocket bigger)
After the sprocket is on; If the brake arm touches the sprocket bolts, you must bend the brake arm in a "Z" shape to clear the bolt heads...

I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
venice have the nine holes trap and get some flat heads to clear the arm and machine the center hole to make sure it is bigger and maybe bend the arm as needed it will work after trying a couple of times good luck i just did one!