its not a bicycle but ....

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
has any one here motorized a kik scooter ???

i think its a uniuqe idea and i was going to make a custome scooter any way from a mountain bike front end and a 20in bmx rear wheel so it would be 26in disk breaks front and 20 in v breaks rear. i would not use a pocket bike motor i hate those things they never seem to make enough power and i want the manual clutch so i would use the grubee gt5 i have laying around as it only needs a new jug and piston.

i figure the motor could be mounted horizontaly directly over the rear tire and making the carb sit lvl with a custom manifold.

then run the chain strait down to the rear tire and a 30t rear sprocket.

the scooter would look like the 2 dow in the pics but have mounts welded to the frame back at the rear wheel and they would go up over the tire where a plate would sit as if you were building a rear rack, then bolt the front mount directly to the plate so the motor sits practicly horizontal and weld a curved pipe to the plate that extends to the rear mount so it mounts up solid using the stock mounting brackets.

hard to explain how i would mount the grubee motor to a scooter, everybody imagines the standard pocket bike motor mounted... but i want to use the more powerfull bike motor with the manual clutch so it would lok something like the last pic

given how fast and powerfull i made that grubee gt5 before i finaly killed it, i would imagine that having it rebuilt and mounted on a realy light scooter with 20in wheel would make for a SCARY FAST and torquey ride !

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
here is sort of what the frame would look like

useing square stock to make the body and a mt bike front end, standard bike tubbing size will be use to make the frame for the motor mount and it will be welded to the rear just before the rear tire so its out of the way. the motor will bolt right on to the tube frame via the standard mounts and sit horizontaly, a chain will run down to a 20in bmx bike tire with the free wheel removed and a 30t sprocket and adapter screwed on instead.

diamond plate aluminum will make the foot pad and blot on to the square frame stock

i will also need to add a pull start to the motor.

now that i look closer ....... it would be easily converted to a trike !!! simple rear axle solid mount SPROCKET !

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i know i could front mount a dax friction or chain drive ... but i have a grubee already and the stock to do this along with the skill so .... i am trying to keep cost down by useing what i have and the last pic in the first post seems most realistic.

Toastyy1990

Dec 3, 2013
Illinois
Now thats a cool idea. Also be cool if you made it a trike, extended the front end so you could put a lightweight racing car seat and foot rests up front... pretty much something like a bigwheel with an engine!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Look up the thread '5150-straight jacket sold separately". My kick scooter build.

Or search the terms 'scooter conversion'. Lowracer built a few just like what you want to do.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Now thats a cool idea. Also be cool if you made it a trike, extended the front end so you could put a lightweight racing car seat and foot rests up front... pretty much something like a bigwheel with an engine!

lol lol lol i would love to see this with a brigs animal on it !!!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Look up the thread '5150-straight jacket sold separately". My kick scooter build.

Or search the terms 'scooter conversion'. Lowracer built a few just like what you want to do.
you know i like that a lot but its too mini bike ish.... i am going more for the stand up scooter with a large front end from a MT bike, a lil bigger on the rear wheel too