HS 49cc fn blades.

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Anybody tried taking them off? Can it be done? NOT asking if its advisable or will over heat the motor ect. This is aimed at removing the pull start mech also; as the manual clutch now available would ( I think ) allow pedal starting on a drop stand.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If the flywheel on the engine that I'm running is billet, I always remove half of the fins whether they be plastic or aluminum. Just check any of my builds and you'll see it is so. Even on my 2-Strokes.

Why wouldn't you? Less weight, less drag and enough cooling.....works for me.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The fins are mostly for an engine that is going to be used as a stationary power source and would require air to be moved for cooling. Unless you plan to do a lot of sitting with the engine idling removing the fins, or a portion of them should have no adverse effects.

Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
You guys need to settle down... HERE: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50695 Not exactly for the 49cc motor as the shaft size is different. Nothing an adapter wont fix ( which I already have ) I'm assured by the makers it will work "fine" on the small 49cc. I'll be testing it eventually but the build I have planned for it is a ways off. Like next spring off....More info HERE: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/e...manual-clutch-horizontal-shaft-engine.htmlthe thread is about 80 pages long. Natch; most recent info is at the end. When I started this thread I was a bit confused and not thinking right. I was thinking of the plastic fins on my 97cc Lifan ( which I have already removed about a year ago) HAHAHAhahahah ( cough ) so I guess NEVERMIND. Unless anyone knows about a billit finless flywheel that's available for the little 49 HS