Bacon & Eggs

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah Baby! Good stuff eh?

Eggs over easy cooked in some of the bacon fat with something to soak up the yolk.

The proper way to do this is the flip which takes about a dozen eggs down the drain before you get it. I got it - :)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I could eat this on a regular basis, even tho it's not good for me.

Where's the rice?dance1

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah, I agree on the rice part....
Bud with a shot of Clamato juice is great with breakfast!
rc
I really like my unborn chickens cooked well, though... and more greasers...

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I'm a milk man myself.

Dunno. Can't have eggs, pancakes, waffles or any breakfast food with anything else.

Gotta have milk.

Gotta have coffee too, but not to wash the food down with.

Yeah, I'm wierd that way.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Needs grits. Add some butter, a little salt and lots of pepper. Now you've got a southern style breakfast.
Hmmmm. I think I know what's in store for me tomorrow morning :)

Tom

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Dice a boiled egg, drop it in the grits, Make a Belgin Waffle for a side dish. Add more bacon, and add lots of butter and Syurp. Milk, OJ, Coffee! If you die, at least you will be happy (c)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah Baby! That's me.

I do the bacon first (2 slices cut in half) pour out about 2/3 of the fat and crack the eggs into the rest. Then flip when there is just a little raw left in the white and about 15 seconds later slide onto the plate.

Perfect over easy. Alton says so. He also has to let you know that you can get sick from eating eggs cooked this way...but it's worth it - :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Eggs...boy do I love eggs (although I don't eat many often). Over easy and I mean easy, and poached. Don't care if I have bacon but need toast/English muffin or bagels. Grits are ok, but hash brown are great. Best way I have had eggs, and I still do at times is with Fried rice..lay a egg or two over the rice, cut the egg and let the yoke drip. First introduced to that in 1967 when in Singapore. Back then a large plate of fried rice and 2 eggs was ... now hear this $0.25. Now with all this, a COLD glass of milk some during but most after the meal. Yup..eggs can is a anytime dish. Bacon, I save for BLT's, which I had for dinner tonight.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
You know, my wife is of old-school New England stock. But we honeymooned in the Gattlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. She fell in love with grits down there. So every now & then I'll cook her up a mess of grits, an omelet with a bit of cheese in it, and some organic bacon and she is one happy woman. She and I take our food seriously.