66cc 80cc chinese engine kit, Final

GoldenMotor.com

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
Good day!

I just want to share the progress of my bike and I think base on my plan this would be the final. Modification like front suspension, 12 electrical system and some parts (CDI, racing exhaust, racing carb etc.) would be later I think.

The bike runs well and smooth. I dont find any noticeable flaws in here. For any comments and suggestions please feel free to comment below.

Thanks to the forum and the members who contributed to my bikes modifications.
dance1

Cheers!

Attachments

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Thanks, I try.

You'll want to ditch the rag joint ASAP before it ruins your wheel. Also get a new spark plug boot, spark plug, fuel line, and fuel filter. And replace all the mounting bolts. Also solder all your wiring connections. Those 6 things and the rag joint are the worst offenders. The chain tensioner is also universally hated, but as long as you regularly tighten the bolts you should be fine.

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
thanks, I'll note that all suggestions you just gave. ..for wheel?. ..I think it would be fine to ruin it by my rag joint sprocket. I'll change them anyways with a much fatter tires, both front and back. I am also thinking of using a tri clamp fork for a more motorcycle look with my bike. ..hehe

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
the tensioner by the way is not placed in the engine chain. After finding the enough distance of the rear wheel from the engine (with an almost straight chain on the engine side) it gave a lot of space with my pedal chain so I decided to transfer the tensioner in the pedal chain. now my bikes does not need a maintenance on bolts. ..to engine, wheels, tensoioner, sprocket but I still check them from time to time. ..

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nice build and glad to hear you got it running well. I too like the looks of triple tree forks.

There's nothing wrong with a rag joint if it is installed properly. I have thousands of miles with no issues.

The stock cdi is also very reliable for most people. Read through many threads regarding stock cdi vs "performance" cdi.

Keep an eye on your chain as they tend to stretch while breaking in.

happy riding

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
@chaz yeah!. ..i have also read that. I think its all about the alignment of the chain, the sprocket and the wheel. You've got that solid, the bike will run smooth after. I am looking for a tri-clamp fron fork online but they are all expensive, I think i'll just fabricate my own for 1/3 of the branded(online) price.

Thanks everyone!

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Yes, I am a fan of the rag joint as well. Lots of miles, lots of power on it.
You are right, well aligned and proper chain tension (some slack!) and keeping the spokes in tune. I use a dial indicator to true my sprocket and wheel but you could use a wire or pointer:

Absolutely make sure your tensioner is secure!
The chain needs a little bit of slack and the tensioner needs to be tight on the wheel stay.

Last edited:

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Another vote in favor of the rag joint. Be smarter than the parts, install it properly, and enjoy. You don't even have to go as technical as sbest does. I have had success just watching for wobble as it turns.

I also have ruined a set of 10ga spokes with a hub clamp, so I'm becoming less fond of them.

Oh, and cool bike!

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
you're all right. ..upgrades might work as well but cost a price but it will turn you're bike looks clean, but for the stock parts, to be fair, they are all working with no problem. I can also run this bike at top speed that it can with all stock parts and still, everything works well.

@sbest that's a nice tuner for the rear wheel. I do have slacks on engine chain, but it would be somehow .25 to .5 of an inch. It works fine, and accelerate well, may not be perfect but I can say better.

Thanks!, you guys really are helpful.