Lighting and wiring help

GoldenMotor.com

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
First off here's my diagram. I don't know if I'll need a flasher device for my turn signals but I drew one just in case. I'm looking at the wiring schematics for both the handlebar switch and the tail light/brake light itself and confused on how to get it power. Another user helped me out, but I updated it with the lights I actually bought and handlebar switch. So now I'm lost.

Diagram
http://i.imgur.com/thnrOiR.jpg
Updated Diagram
http://i.imgur.com/vWvX1Uy.jpg (For people who want to make their own brake/turn signal.)
I won't use the horn and headlight wires from the handlebar switch.

My Questions.

1) What wires/how do I power the light?
2) The handlebar switch turn signal wires, do I connect both the white & green to one white wire coming from the light (both white & blue to yellow)?
3) Where do I connect the green running light wire from the light to?
4) Do I need a flasher prong for the turn signals to blink? If so what wire from the handlebar switch do I connect to the flasher device?
5) Where do I connect the black wire from the micro brake switch to?

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/handlebarswitches.html

SWT-32 Wiring Directions
Black and Red = Headlight
Yellow and Brown = Horn
White and Blue Right Turn Signal
White and Green = Left Turn signal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Smoke-2...ght-/351177747091?hash=item51c3d32a93&vxp=mtr

Brake Light/Turn Signal Wire Setup
Ground: black wire
Running Light: green wire
Brake Light: red wire
left Turn signal Light: white wire
right Turn signal Light: yellow wire

Last edited:

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
As far as the SWT-32 is concerned, all wires are positive. One wire goes to whichever light, the other goes to your battery or whatever power source. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume a battery. For example, the headlight switch has a black wire and a red wire. One wire goes to the headlight, the other wire goes to the battery. It doesn't matter which wire. each switch is wired the same way.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I'm curious, the handlebar headlight switch, is it hi/lo or just on/off? I may be looking for something like that. My headlight uses a single filament bulb, so no hi/lo for me.

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
Do I still need a a flasher device for lights, or do the lights for the turn signal already blink on its own?

I'm curious, the handlebar headlight switch, is it hi/lo or just on/off? I may be looking for something like that. My headlight uses a single filament bulb, so no hi/lo for me.
I think it's only an on/off button. Only ones with hi/lo that I found were motorcycle ones. Only went with this retailer because of the cable length, all the ones I found on ebay/amazon the cable length didn't extend all the way to the back of the bike.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I don't know about the turn signals, never wired any up myself as I just use hand signals to signal left, I never signal right. I always just get over as far to the right as I can before turning. Since I'm not directly in front of anyone, I see no need to signal. I just point left before a left hand turn. I think you do need a flashing device, which is actually called a relay, but I'm not sure.

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
how many wires as the swt 32 just 4 as the one i use got 7, 3 for turn signals 2 for turn and one that goes to flasher unitthen + on battery 2 for running light off/on you should be able to use the headlights wires for that, and 2 for horn that you not be using , i not sure about the flasher as i use a 2pin flasher you might have to re chech wires if they do not work (brake ones might be visa versa) test them out before adding to bike make sure there all working , i give you a pic for turn signals but i be using a 2 pin flasher as i not used a 3 pin one before but it might give you an idea and not sure how many wires you got for turn signals ???and mine are seperate turn signals from the one you used and got 2 + and 2 - wires the - wires both go to - on battery hope this help ,this is how mine are .i extended every wire from the handlebar switchs so that it went to back where bag is as thats where might 12v battery is took me awhile and messing about but i got there first time i wired anything up in my life :)..

[/URL][/IMG]

----------

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
The handlebar switch I got doesn't seem to work for the turn signals. I tested the lights with the battery and they all turn on, but when I wire handlebar switch and flip the switch for the turn signals none of them turn on.

EDIT:
Nevermind, the opened up the handlebar switch and the wiring was wrong from the instructions they gave me. It works now. Just have to drill the ammo box I got tomorrow and setup everything once the finally item comes in.

Last edited: