love white walls

GoldenMotor.com

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
That's what I was Just thinking . Looking at Tires for My Bike as of Now .

23ronnie

Apr 16, 2011
perth,Austrailia
degreaser works well for cleaning them. my rear mudgard went under my wheel while i was doing 50 not fun at all but kept it up at least or there would be road rash all over me not just in my jocks:p

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I use an old school spray cleaner called Spray Nine. Spray it on and scrub with a scrubbing brush and then hose it off. Works real well.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
if you use water based cleaner which is all you need a degreaser is too much unless you have old white walls and want to get brillo pad out and get film residue off. Wash well with water.

a very old trick use white lithium grease made by permatex and just rub it into your wheels but you don't want to leave it excessively coated give it a clean new nylon wheel brush rub over with a circle motion.

stand back and take a look to see the new definition.

white lithium grease paste is a super conditioner and water repellent for plastics and synthetic materials

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I worked for a short time detailing cars , any thing with white walls or white letters we used to use engine degreaser on spray on let sit a bit hose it off super black tire an briliant white looks like it was armorall'd without looking like plastic ....easy as pie .

rickenbiker

Aug 30, 2011
Bay Area, CA
buttafingaz has it nailed, but perhaps it didn't register due to his punctuation?

There's a spray cleaner called "Westley's Bleche Wite" that's available at most auto stores like Kragen, Trak, etc. I have used it for 30+ years on all my antique cars and bikes. There is nothing that can compare! Spray on, wait a couple of minutes, scrub with small brush or Brillo, rinse off. Don't get on painted surfaces.
It is caustic. Keep it out of your eyes, open cuts, and don't breathe the mist.

Bleche-Wite is the BEST!!!