Shift Kit and 3 speed hubs

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
A little update on the 8-speed hub... I took the rear wheel off to relace it for the front disc hub, & I put the new rear wheel on for a test fitting for the custom rear disc brake mount.
Here's a pic...

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Howdy. My Cranbrook now has the shift kit ,sturmey 3 speed hub and a brand new honda GXH 50. The sturmey's cog is a 23 t. 1st 2cd and 3rd seem to be properly spaced.Top speed so far is 31.I'm sure if I went with the 18t or 16t top end would be higher but I like the 23t. I had to make a few simple mods. 1st was a sturmey hub anchor [my term] that keeps the hub axel from being pulled forward and out of the drop[ out kind of crude looking but it works. 2cd is a device that i installed that keeps the jack shaft parallel with the bottom bracket and the sprockets aligned. This was a must for me.No matter how much I tightened the jack shaft it would always twist. 3rd is a jack shaft chain idler[adjusting the chain is a pain]. Total of 100 hilly miles on the set up with no problem. I dig it

Attachments

4950cycle

Sep 8, 2010
Dunnellon,FL.
Hi, I know this thread is old. But I was wondering how these internal geared hubs were holding out. And wich ones worked best so far. Thank youcvlt1cvlt1 for any info.

CraftsmanJB

Oct 30, 2010
Nyrtle Beach
Who knows where I can get a threaded freewheel sprocket in a 3 speed to fit an Aluminum Mag that has a jackshaft kit mounted already ? Will need derailleur and shift lever as well , not a twist handlebar Gear selector

CraftsmanJB

Oct 30, 2010
Nyrtle Beach
I've checked out all eBay 3 speed sprockets and it's doesn't accommodate the 415 chain . I'd have to use a stock Bicycle pedal chain , I have too much motor for a pedal chain . The sprockets aren't spread enough apart for the 415 .. May just us jackshaft with single sprocket

CraftsmanJB

Oct 30, 2010
Nyrtle Beach
What's the number on BMX chain ? My motor just had been totally broke down and restored , balanced. , with all the fancy porting / decking / Rod / piston / cylinder work and comp 5.8 Fred Head and some other tweets . Big ole 19mm Mukini