What bike/kit should I get?

GoldenMotor.com

Chalk

Oct 1, 2016
Arizona
I am pretty set on getting a motorized bicycle and would like to know y'all's opinion on bikes and kits. I was considering the 26" Roadmaster Granite Peak and the IGlobalBuy 80CC kit. My budget is a preferred $200 but I could do $250 if I should because $200 will get me crap. This is my first, so any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Welcome,
The Roadmaster Granite Peak is a tight fit for a engine. I never head of the place you are buying your kit from. Do some reading on the forum to help you make a choice on what to buy.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Welcome to the forum...In order to stay on budget it's key to build something many have built. Then its highly important to do it right...right away, so you are not constantly trying to find and having to buy stuff that works better.
Huffy Cranbrook is one of those bikes, heavy steel frame, 12 gauge spokes, and steel rims. Engine fits perfect as does the gas tank etc.
bike is 88 bucks.
Pk80 balanced crank kits 119$ dollars and free shipping right now.now on eBay fro bekits
Buy a hub adapter and a 40 tooth for 59$
Get a engine to chain tensioner for 40$
Buy front and rear set of cruiser long reach squeeze brakes for another 30$
Get a double pull brake handle from sunlit for 12 $ so you will be able to stop properly and you will right away have a dependable, bike for roughly
You could skip the hub adapter sprocket and use the rag joint one and save up and switch it later. And that gets you a safe bike for just 50 more than your budget...But don't skimp on proper chain tensioner or brakes as it could cause a serious lock up or not being able to stop safely
It's what it takes and I believe is the bottom line amount for a dependable MB that will run trouble free and be safe. This is my opinion, many have other ones.
To see a huffy Cranbrook build check the search engine and click my name to see a huffy Cranbrook build. Remember most bikes now are made in china don't let the brand name fool you you can peel off All brand stickers. Remove the fenders as they are just vibration disaster waiting to happen. remove and chain guard as the engine acts like a chain guard on pedal side. Ill put chrome beefed up chain guards on strictly for looks The huffy is a good looking sporty bike

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I forgot get led a tail light small bright ones can be gotten for as low as a 1 dollar on eBay
Headlights can be super cheap or really expensive but get one that can flash also for safety during the daytime. Figure 15 bucks min here
Zip

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
With my first (any only) build, the "must haves" were the sprocket adapter ($48), better fuel line, better spark plug, and one of those arch tensioners (Someday). I really hated the rag-joint set-up. Plus, the 36T pulls pretty darned well- especially with my 240lb carcass on it.
Zip-Tie has you lined up perfectly for success.

Here is the sprocket/adapter link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-36T-Spr...988076&hash=item33c66b2c7b:g:LJYAAOSw9GhYfW2z