"Game Changer" KTM Water Cooled 5 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Awesome build, as usual, nothing but the best from Wolf Custom Creations. Just one picky question. Is there any way to mount that radiator a little lower and then centered on the frame, in between the downtube and the front tire?

I know I'm being too critical, but the radiator mounted off to the side just detracts from the smooth flowing look. When you build something of so much beauty, the smallest details stand out.

Either way, its a build far beyond my abilities, and you should be proud. I'm just wondering if it might need a wheelie bar or something. That motor is going to be super powerful, right?

Gilbert
Thanks Gilbert for the comments, I am not real set on the rad location and very limited to where it can be placed. Not enough space behind the front wheel. I am going to build a mock up tank with the radiator behind a fairing to see if I like it.

I did get the exhaust completed and very happy with the low TT setup. Thanks DMB for the chamber hope you like how it was used.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
dmd,
Actually I was also picturing the radiator as a rear rack. It would not get the same benefit of air flowing directly through it, but if of adequate size that might not matter. Or would it? Maybe an air scoop behind the seat post could re-direct air through the radiator from underneath.
SB

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Pat, I have not mastered the cup walk yet but still trying. Lol

I have changed out the forks and now have more clearance to mount the radiator low and in the front area. Dennis (dmb) gave me a radiator setup to try, duel setup. If I use the big one I will need to modify the inlet and outlet locations.

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have the radiator mounted centered on the down tube, it will need to grow on me I think. Added a stainless rock guard to the front. Think god I was able to score the radiator and these hoses on a great deal....

I could get this thing running but what's the rush.... Need to get my trust updated first...

Attachments

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
She sure is a beauty Jeff! I become more impressed every time I see updates on your threads! Like Frank said...I don't think the radiator is an eye sore. I kind of like it. Gives it a mean look....

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got a four day weekend.... Did a little today... Radiator mounted and plumbed in. Sure had to puzzle those hoses together but it worked out well.
DMB.... Had to use the crf450 radiator bro, I will use yours on the power steering pump...

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
no skin off my azz bro. looks good centered like that. i don't understand how you can get work done when your off work?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got some more things completed this long weekend. All the plumbing is done, added some detail plates to the radiator, and installed the new tank made by Ghetto Bikes which is a local shop building some really nice hi end custom tanks. Thanks James
http://www.ghettobike.com

High performance ignition installed too....

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have started the assembly of the bike. The jack shaft had gussets added and all the welding was completed. Polished the rear drop-outs and a few other items. It may run this weekend!!

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The bike is done, got a short and crazy ride and have some issues to resolve. Bad clutch, leaking radiator, and a leaking water pump seal, parts are ordered. This bike rides nice with no motor.... Wait till these Los Angeles drivers want to play.... They are going to hate this guy on a bicycle.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The bike is done, got a short and crazy ride and have some issues to resolve. Bad clutch, leaking radiator, and a leaking water pump seal, parts are ordered. This bike rides nice with no motor.... Wait till these Los Angeles drivers want to play.... They are going to hate this guy on a bicycle.
Yes they are, cuz it's no ordinary bicycle :D

I really like that tank...I hope you kept the mold for it.... ;)

Great job as usual Jeff Man!

EDIT: Just outstanding!!!

Last edited: