Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

plycar

Aug 11, 2014
Thuringia, Germany
Do you know the Krause Duo?

It's a two seater, manufactured by a small company in Eastern Germany during the cold war, with the use of parts and engine of the Simson Schwalbe, a 50ccm moped.
The Duo has now cult status.

Kai

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
They race them, you know. 2 engine sizes, 50 and 70. The 70 also has a much taller top gear.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Harding trike

Argson

1949 Greeves 125 Invacar

1961 Harding

Tomos

Last edited:

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
,,, a few of my automobiles, I re-painted in RED, juts for speed! Anyway, I felt better, even they weren't much faster...
--- ---
Strange how that classic "motorised invalids chairs" could be charming? Even that no-so-old TOMOS (from ex-Yugoslavia?). Even one in film "Lady Chaterly's Lover" was cute, in spite of not so jolly film.

SIMSON 3-wheeler always atracted my attention, even they weren't present in ex-Yugoslavia (thank you, Internet) - but now they are too expensive? Does anybody knows how heavy they are and could one take two persons of total 190 kg ~ 429 pounds? I am inetrested because of possibilty for one DIY light three-wheeler or light quadricycle with engine up to 50 cc...
--- ---
From shown photos, I think that some of them could be made as "hybrids": pedal power beside gasoline engine or electric motor...

Attached are photos with ex-Yugoslavien DIY three-wheelers, mostly with TOMOS engine!

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I like the way the bodywork on the Harding tapers to single headlight width over the front wheel. I'd like to have one with a chopped wind shield and a lower seating height.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Hello Ludwig,
Thank you on interesting link that led us to unknown zone of interesting DIY, prototype and small production vehicles from Hungary! As I know, they didn't have serious production of automobiles after WW2? Therefore, they were dependent on East European production, and just a few privileged on something from the West...
--- ---
A few times at the end of eighties, I visited Hungary as "shopping tourist": their food was excellent and cheap for us from Yugoslavia... Even they are our neighbors, we didn't know a lot of them, so I was surprised when there I saw many vehicles that I didn't know before. Some were commercial pick-ups and vans, some personal vehicles - small production or DIY...

A few of shown on that web-pages are really cute, and not behind from vehicles made at West in the same class...

Attachments