Gonna get a Dyno Glide! I have ???'s

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I'm picking up this bike in Friday for $180. I think it's a good deal.

I will be mounting a HF79cc vertically. My question is do I need to widen the rear chain stays for clearance? I have seen on some build threads here where ppl are widening the chain stays. I will be using a steel husky wheel with 11g spokes and a sportsman sprocket adapter. If I have to widen the rear chain stays, how do I do it and how much??

Thanks

image.jpg

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Yep... No need to do anything

Too bad you don't live close cuz I have a killer Dyno with perfect fresh powder coat for the same price.
Jeff, your kinda a tease lol!

Mike I just picked up a couple Dynos. One was a Von Franco for 180.00 (asking price 200.00) and the other was an early model Dyno (one inch threaded stem) in spectacular condition, not that it matters for a motor swap for 150.00 (asking price 200.00) So yeah I think your looking at a pretty decent deal.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey CCC,

How much to ship to Florida?? LOL...seriously though? Can't ever really have too many bikes, or for that fact, Dyno's!

Also, CCC...I'm wanting to run Hookworms. Will I have chainline issues with that wide of a tire or the chain rubbing the tire?

Thanks guys!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No doubt the Dyno frames look good but I'm curious to why these bikes are so expensive compared to other bikes that look to be just as well made..:confused:

Basic steel frame
one piece cranks
steel 36 spoke wheels etc...

Where is the extra expense justified on these bikes?

I'm not putting them down so I hope none of the Dyno builders take my question wrong here, just curious because I have seen so many of these bikes with huge asking prices and they dont look at all worth what some are asking for them. $600-$900 for Dynos on ebay and craigslist.

Map

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
No doubt the Dyno frames look good but I'm curious to why these bikes are so expensive compared to other bikes that look to be just as well made..:confused:

Basic steel frame
one piece cranks
steel 36 spoke wheels etc...

Where is the extra expense justified on these bikes?

I'm not putting them down so I hope none of the Dyno builders take my question wrong here, just curious because I have seen so many of these bikes with huge asking prices and they dont look at all worth what some are asking for them. $600-$900 for Dynos on ebay and craigslist.

Map
Hey Map,
Id say 600-900 for a Dyno is VERY expensive. Ive got two Dynos in the garage and Im new to the breed but one thing is for sure the frames on these are absolutely stiff lol. Its also one of the few racer/builders tell me to keep the wheels just upgrade the spokes, for guys wanting to go quick and safe-ish that's a big savings.

The two I purchased cost me about 330.00 for both. One model has some extras that I will be selling and I might just make my money back from the left over parts. (for the one bike)

The frames are stretched a few inches giving the ride a real stable feel in the corners and its real comfy to boot. Im taking corners WAY faster than when I was on the Huffy and I would go faster but my bike maxes out at 34 mph right now. On the Huffy I could feel the frame twitching and moving when jamming through corners and while I enjoy a spirited ride it was un-nerving. Some of the bike paths we take at night have some nice twisties and on the Huffy I had to back off fearing I would smack a tree or something, on the Dyno just lean and GO!

I saw one of Jeffs builds here on this forum and it was love at first sight, heck I didn't want to pay more than 50 bucks on a bike but I figured, that's the bike I want, Jeff is a fine craftsman and if its worth it to him to build then its probably money well spent. I cherish the idea of a low budget build and I like messing with Huffys (the underdogs!) but these Dynos are built, built, built. (But not worth 600-900)

Dan.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think ya get what ya pay for when you're shopping for Dyno's if you shop around. They are no more expensive as Schwinns for the most part and they are no longer made which gives them more rarity than the dime a dozen cheaply made huffers...er...um..Huffy's.

Also the fact that they were well made and from a more than reputable bicycle manufacturer and the style alone speaks for itself. Rear entry horizontal drop outs, good frame geometry with extra length in the wheel base are just great qualities for a bike frame when it comes to motorizing.

Expensive? Good buddy DMB on this site gave me this Dyno-Glide frame for FREE! Ya can't beat that price ;)

Thanks again Dennis! And again......and again!

dnut

Reactions: UtiliD

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yes sir they do make a beautiful bike........ and thanks for taking the time to answer m questions about the Dyno, dont know if I'll ever come across one around where I live but if I do and its a good deal Ill snatch it up.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That is one nice looking bike. Do they come with the telescoping fork and that springy seat assist setup?
Thats a complete custom build RedRider, but scotto could probably build you one with pretty much whatever you wanted for the right $$$$'s

I like hat seat setup by the way also, had that same desitn idea a few years ago for my first build but never got it done.

Map
.wee.

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Thats a complete custom build RedRider, but scotto could probably build you one with pretty much whatever you wanted for the right $$$$'s

I like hat seat setup by the way also, had that same desitn idea a few years ago for my first build but never got it done.

Map
.wee.
I'm new here and to the whole motorized scene. I don't know of "Scotto"?
Can you enlighten me? I'm looking for a good frame to motorize.
Thanks

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm new here and to the whole motorized scene. I don't know of "Scotto"?
Can you enlighten me? I'm looking for a good frame to motorize.
Thanks
If you go back to the previous page you will see that Scotto is the user name of the fella that posted the pics we were commenting on of the blue bike.

You will get many differing opinions on your question of what is a good bike to motorize, honestly it really depends on your mechanical skills and the budget you have to work with, but many people get a beach cruiser type bike and many use the Huffy bike from wally world or other similar retailers, the older Mountain bikes that do not have rear suspension make good builds also, personally I have two beach cruiser bike builds and my first build was an older MTbike, below are pics of my bikes, oldest to newest builds, I live in the country so my bikes stay pretty dusty and dirty so ignor that part....LOL! look closely at the frames because so bikes do not have enough room for the engine to fit.

Hope the helps ya out, many people here that will be glad to give you advice and help so ask lots of questions.

Map
reddd

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Thanks, a bunch! Yes, I'm seeing there are so many bike styles, it's dizzying! My mind is spinning from all of the variables in each choice. I have skills, tools, and a nice budget.
My thoughts are to incorporate the best features of what a custom built bike might look like.....
I like the vintage era for styling,
I like the telescoping fork for suspension,
I like HD rims and sprockets,
I like a multi-speed sprocket system,
I like either drum or disc brakes,
The engine ......?
I know the pros and cons of both the 4 and 2 cycle engines. I know the 2Ts very well, as I have 5 vintage lightweight motorbikes 60 CCs or less and a 125 and 150 CC vintage Vespas, and a 250 CC vintage motorcycle.
Yes, you guys are all very supportive and this does not go un-appreciated.

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Big Bill......your bike came out great!

Well, the seller of the bike has yet to return my calls so I will be moving forward with my schwinn.