Please Help Me Mount My Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Ethan

Oct 16, 2013
New Zealand
Here they do not use CL, but TradeMe. The function is the same, except it costs money to post ads. It does not cost anything to buy, though, so I will look into that option for some tools. What's worse concerning the tools is that I do not have a garage at this house, so I do not really have a good place to store them (inside is packed).

As for the move, I wanted to try something new. I lived in eastern Washington for four years, and got tired of sage brush and sand. I figured instead of just moving around the USA, why not go all out? It is very nice here, I love it, and might just end up staying!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Drilling the frame is a bad idea.
Buy a U-bolt mount if you cannot find someone to make you one. even with shipping, it's cheaper than a new bike.

I make my own from a plate and a muffler clamp, but you can buy the same thing pre-made.
The plate has holes for bolting to the engine mount holes, and the clamp goes around the frame tube.

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
lol. its like building a house with no wood. do you have a machinest shop around you? look up metal works in the maps section. there should be a place that does metal machinery.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Do. Not. Drill. The. Frame.

There are other ways, as suggested above, to mount the motor without compromising structure.

For where to get parts and supplies in New Zealand, if in your shoes I would send a polite PM to Intrepid Wheelwoman asking for info.