New Motor on Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
New 79cc Motor on Cruiser

It works!!
Now I just need to dial it in, and make it look neater..
Here is a picture.
Question... How much oil do you run when the motor is upright like this? Is it the same as normal.
Anybody have any ideas on throttle linkage?

Attachments

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Looks super duper, all these nice 4 stroke builds are making me want to build one :) I look forward to more pictures, loving it so far.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
New top speed ... 36mph
I still have a lot of minor fixes to complete. And install some wide cranks, so I can pedal...

I used muffler clamps on the seat tube, and got the front frame clamp from Dan's performance parts (ccc gave me the site).

Attachments

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Progress report...I've got some parts in and slowing making things work. Once everything is working, hopefully before snow flies... My plan is to tear it down and paint things.
I have my wide cranks working, check pictures here : http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=51016

Today I made the header with all the pipe I had, it sounds cool & loud. Can't wait to take for a spin to see if there is any performance increase from the stock muffler.

Attachments

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
.we.I got the ram air intake built with the 19mm carb. At first it would not run at full throttle...Well, with a little help from Labrat and Mapbike... bent the float up a little, and in the bottom of the float bowl, there is a float stop (little nub) ground that off with dremel. (found info on moped forum).
Thanks to this forum and everyone on here, for the help.
New top speed 37 mph, plenty fast enough.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
37mph is not bad on that set up. Don't know your size and dry/wet weight but we get about 42 out of ours built with the same basic setup. Nice looking ride too!

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
So with the carb sticking out this far; is leg interference any issue?

Also, did you make the intake manifold?

Last edited:

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
atombikes, I had the carb going back, like normal, but it was in the way, so I bought the AGK diy intake kit, welded it up, and put jbweld over the top of the crappy weld job to make it look better, and to cover any small air leaks too.
With it going forward, it is not in the way- unless you stand up and pedal. But, I must say that the 4 stroke is huge compared to the 2 strokes.

Mike, I think they are 15" bars, and I think they are the sunlite dyno replicas

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
The thing to watch with an exposed forward facing carb and air filter is being caught in the rain. A while ago I picked up one of those Chinese mini choppers with a 110cc Honda clone engine very cheaply which had suffered this problem. It had a forward facing carburrettor and not surprisingly in wonderful wet New Zealand the piston ended up stuck in the cylinder bore.

Not being terribly keen on mini-choppers I parted it out, but kept the engine, the wiring loom and the brakes.