What "color" should the spark plug be? Morini Specifically

GoldenMotor.com

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
the bike is running WAY better. I moved the clip on the needle and it helps a lot. I think I am still dealing with a venting problem though. The bike accelerates to about 20 perfectly. It then flattens out for 5-8 seconds like it is starving for fuel and then takes off like a bat out of **** to 40. All the way to 40 has a nice blue smoke trail. Not thick or light. Just normal. I need a new plug and will pick some of those B10 plugs up so that might be the problem. Everywhere around me has a 20mph speed limit so I need to go somewhere to really run it. I bought new 2 cycle oil for it Lucas Semi Synthetic. This stuff is great. I don't wreak of oil anymore and the bike just feels more alive.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I had to drill a tiny hole in the gas cap of my goped tank. Try running your cap to the gas tank loose... The way they are set up I think is perfect but you might need put a tiny hole and it may start working for ya..;)

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh man I just remembered something I had to do away with my fuel cut off petcock. The rubber part of the valve inside deformed and it made the fuel flow to the carb way too slow! Read this link mebbe as it covers what some have done. I have been using a white bic pen sleeve to couple the lines as my carb has never leaked. Sick Bike Parts has a ball valve designed petcock that I have been meaning to order and try. No one has complained about their valve. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=24880

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I had to drill a tiny hole in the gas cap of my goped tank. Try running your cap to the gas tank loose... The way they are set up I think is perfect but you might need put a tiny hole and it may start working for ya..;)
GH,
What we use to do is put a small barb fitting on the cap the attach a short fuel line with a filter on the end.
Another thing to check is the main jet and needle. It would alway get clogged so I removed it cleaned it out then changed my fuel by removing the fuel line at the carb then flushing out the system. It's also a great way to see if your line has debris or its clogged.

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
its been way to wet today to get a real ride in. hopefully this week will get nice again and I can run the thing again

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Had to drill a hole in my gas cap too. .25" hole with a rubber gromet and a Polyurethane .25" tube. Fixed that problem real quick.