Morini 11.3

GoldenMotor.com

awhotrods

May 10, 2011
Newport Beach
Gearing up to build one of Pat's Sportsman Racers, was looking around for the 9HP motor online. Seems like its out of stock or not available with many vendors. I did notice the 11.3HP water cooled version was available, (200 bucks more) Does anyone have experience with this motor or any feedback? $800 is alot to spend for a bicycle motor, I started out a week ago with my mind set on a $200 china motor on a craigslist bike. Now I'm looking at a $500 bare frame and $800 motor. Funny how fast things get out of control & I haven't even got my hands dirty yet.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Gearing up to build one of Pat's Sportsman Racers, was looking around for the 9HP motor online. Seems like its out of stock or not available with many vendors. I did notice the 11.3HP water cooled version was available, (200 bucks more) Does anyone have experience with this motor or any feedback? $800 is alot to spend for a bicycle motor.
I may have a buddy who wants to sell his water cooled 11.3 hp Morini and radiator, etc.
Motor is new with just a few miles on it.
Send me a PM

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Funny how fast things get out of control & I haven't even got my hands dirty yet.
Thats how it ended up being for me. Sportsman pat bikes are out of this world cool. I have a feeling though if you ended up water cooling your bike you'd end up having a "busy" looking bike cause you have to not only mount a radiator but also all the things that come from that (pump, gauge/sensor, hoses, fans, electronics- the 11hp will need a stator like the rest of them that's another 150 bucks) Sportsman pat bikes look sick cause they are so simple. You'd go the other way if you went with a 11hp one.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thats how it ended up being for me. Sportsman pat bikes are out of this world cool. I have a feeling though if you ended up water cooling your bike you'd end up having a "busy" looking bike cause you have to not only mount a radiator but also all the things that come from that (pump, gauge/sensor, hoses, fans, electronics- the 11hp will need a stator like the rest of them that's another 150 bucks) Sportsman pat bikes look sick cause they are so simple. You'd go the other way if you went with a 11hp one.
Not very busy looking as the pump is built into the motor and there is
no fan needed, no electronics, just 2 hoses and a radiator that has enough
capacity even at idle.

What the **** is a stator??? $150 for what???
Everything needed is in the 11 hp Morini motor.
this is what it looks like, pretty clean if you ask me.

Anyway this motor and radiator in the pic below is for sale and it's in OC.
The whole bike is not for sale unless you gotta lotta money.

Last edited:

awhotrods

May 10, 2011
Newport Beach
Does the 11hp morini have a "seat of the pants" difference compared to the 9hp version? I want all the power I can get, although less is more in the visual department. Also, are there companies making performance parts for the morini or are they good to go from the factory?

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I started out a week ago with my mind set on a $200 china motor on a craigslist bike. Now I'm looking at a $500 bare frame and $800 motor. Funny how fast things get out of control & I haven't even got my hands dirty yet.
Heh, it's called 'mission creep'.

Kinda why I ended up looking for a small motorcycle a few weeks back and picked up a Honda 250 Enduro for 800 bucks.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does the 11hp morini have a "seat of the pants" difference compared to the 9hp version? I want all the power I can get, although less is more in the visual department. Also, are there companies making performance parts for the morini or are they good to go from the factory?
I have only ridden the Morini bike above so don't have anyway to compare.

Are you coming to the Willow Springs race on June 18th? there will be
another water cooled Morini as well as a lot of 9 hp air cooled there.

Are you planning on riding this Morini build around Newport Beach? They
enforce CVC on motorized bikes so it will be interesting to see what they
do about your obviously overpowered motor?

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Not very busy looking as the pump is built into the motor and there is
no fan needed, no electronics, just 2 hoses and a radiator that has enough
capacity even at idle.

What the **** is a stator??? $150 for what???
Everything needed is in the 11 hp Morini motor.
this is what it looks like, pretty clean if you ask me.

Anyway this motor and radiator in the pic below is for sale and it's in OC.
The whole bike is not for sale unless you gotta lotta money.
In that case I'd like to see a completed one =) good luck awhotrods

awhotrods

May 10, 2011
Newport Beach
I have had pretty good luck with Newport cops, its the HB motorcycle cops you gotta watch out for. I don't plan on full throttle blasts down the boardwalk anyways. I'm thinking I will use the motor to get me between San Clemente & Manhattan beach on occasion. I like the idea of cruising around all day for a few bucks of fuel.

I have only ridden the Morini bike above so don't have anyway to compare.

Are you coming to the Willow Springs race on June 18th? there will be
another water cooled Morini as well as a lot of 9 hp air cooled there.

Are you planning on riding this Morini build around Newport Beach? They
enforce CVC on motorized bikes so it will be interesting to see what they
do about your obviously overpowered motor?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
San Clemente to Manhattan beach? wow! how many bar's ERR.. miles is that? i think we lost about half the rider's at the first bar ERR.. saftey check on the LB to Huntingbeach fun ride. anyhow that motorbike is a work of art. a lot of that on these page's, from old to new styles. OH! and alot of real nice people too! dennis

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
K, what id like to know is how that 11.4 is running so well. Mine is brand new and I cant get it to run right. Have invested almost 1700 in this build. First I had to replace the ignition kit. That burnt out on me right away. Second the engine gets stuck on 1/4 rpms after running it at only 200 ft. the engine is brand new. Havent even put 30 miles on it yet. Im using 20 w 50 gear oil, have a polini radiator with 50 50, prop2% oil mixture in the gad. Bike starts up fine. When its cold it takes off. But even after only slightly warming up it bogs down and stutters. Im getting soooo frustrated!

Old Reliable

Feb 21, 2012
Santa Ana
Yeah, touchscreen phone mistype... I am using two stroke oil, bc it is a 2 stroke engine. But a question I have is why the engine has an oil mixer pump when the oil is already premixed in the gas...

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
awhotrods those Dax 9hp motors are a solid option too.. you dont have to buy a morini to have a fast bike.

Last edited:

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
He already owns the morini motor is the thing.
Anyway, If you are using the oil injection and premix then you're probably running very rich. Go for a little ride and check your sparkplug. If it's coal black and wet then that may just be your problem.
the oil injection (presuming that is what is on the motor) is to make it so that you do not have to premix your gasoline. But don't take my word for it and burn the motor up.