Flyer Production

GoldenMotor.com

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
"I so would like a 4stroke build to do and on my christmas list this year and so would like a sportsman flyer frame and tank { Bonneville frame and new tank design } or if a Keystone frame could be built ?is there any chance in this"

Was thinking that if this wish is in your note to Santa Claus then you must have been an exceptionally good boy this year. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
SB
g'day to you SB
you made me laugh out loud reading your post and i would even lie to santa if i could get a frame here to me in australia

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
hsvmick,

I'd go even further than that. I'd mug the old boy if I thought there was a chance he had one on the sleigh.

I'm afraid it will have to be the old fashioned way though and by the time that Christmas rolls around I should have enough for the dream machine.

Steve.

Brucelee

Apr 2, 2015
McKinleyville CA
Pat does put out some great stuff. I am on my second of his bikes, and with the exception of Nisson Trucks hitting you, they are as close to bullit proof as you can get.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Pat
if you haven't already google "bakfiets" Dutch/Belgian utility cycle with a long history both engined and pedaled.

I am sure a number of forum participants can elaborate..

build on

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Been putting more miles on the Keystone to get comfortable with the changes. I pulled the race engine and number plates so I can hopefully cruise under the radar. At this stage it's important to put the chassis changes through it's paces. Even minor changes affect the whole chassis. I have added a couple inches to the wheelbase, and by raising the front end have relaxed the steering angle for better high speed stability.

Keystone Flyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Current engine is actually my brothers so I have to be careful. If I damage it I own it. It's a Honda case GX200 with Harbor Freight Hemi head with estart and charging system. I have more scheduled testing next week on a test track. We'll see how that goes but at this point I feel pretty good.

Keystone Flyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Nice Pat. I hope at some point in the not to distant future to own one of your creations just so I can say I have one. If you want to do a cross-continent ride on one I'll buy it when you get here. Howz that for an offer> I'm sure you don't have the time, but thought it was worth the try. Keep at it!

Dan

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice Pat. I hope at some point in the not to distant future to own one of your creations just so I can say I have one. If you want to do a cross-continent ride on one I'll buy it when you get here. Howz that for an offer> I'm sure you don't have the time, but thought it was worth the try. Keep at it!

Dan
Thanks Dan! That would be a long haul on one of my bikes, but hey, that's how adventures start.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Some time ago, I probably would have tried it to see if I could do it. That's why I joined the good ole USMC in 1969, to "see if I could do it". It's been great to watch what you have done over the past several years, and hopefully I'll own one. They are nice!
Dan

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Pat you've hit it out of the park with the Keystone...tank, forks, stance, engine JUST work together perfectly, looks as if in motion even on the stand. I'm a big fan. Rick C.

langolier

Jul 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Hi Pat, Just want to say kudo's on building some good quality great looking bikes. It would be fun to have free reign in a shop like yours to dream up and build. I have to ask, early this summer I built a bike and put on your Sportsman Flyer decal cause I thought it looked cool and old school. I hope I didn't offend you or your business by doing this. Many people inquired about my build and I was forth rite to tell them it was not a bike built by you but you did have good quality bikes and accessories. Hopefully I sent some customers your way. Best wishes.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Pat,

I am beyond words with how much I dig those Harley Davidson sprung forks. They are absolute works of art, in my opinion. I doubt I will ever be able to afford to buy a set, but I really hope for everyone else's sake that you offer those forks for sale done day.

You are a major inspiration and role model for this burgeoning hobby/industry. I hope that the masses can support all your future efforts financially, seems like a tough road to turn a profit in motorized bicycles.

Good luck at bonneville this year if weather permits it happening.

Gilbert

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks for the kind words, guys. It's been a fun road with lots of hard work, but getting out for a day of riding, and testing the latest design is always a rewarding experience. Well, at least when everything goes according to plan!
Those forks really took a lot of effort both in design and fabrication. Right now I am working on a much simplified lighter weight version for my pedal bikes. They will functionally be identical, but not have all the fancy brazed lug sections or friction shock, and be designed for bicycle width hubs and maybe a disc brake tab. Something different and better than all the Monark style springer forks.
As far as Bonneville goes it's done for this year. Just poor salt conditions due to over mining of our natural resource. Surface runoff from the local mountains also flowed mud out on the salt so thin salt and mud forced cancellation of all racing this year. Looks like El Mirage is our next opportunity at land speed racing. Lot's of history in dry lake bed racing. Should be fun.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Went to a local motorcycle show at the Indian motorcycle dealer in Hollister California. One of our bikes took best in show and won $500! The event was a charity fund raiser for Wounded Warriors. After the show I was asked if I would be interested in leaving one of the bikes in their showroom to put on display. I happily agreed. So, if you guys are anywhere near Hollister drop on by. You can't miss my bike, it's parked right next to an original paint 1913 Harley.

Hollister Indian Dealer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Local Show by Pat Dolan, on Flickr