Bike Car

GoldenMotor.com

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
In Missouri I think 4 tires equals trip to the license bureau. I think you have to title and license them here, that sucks because one of those would be great fun. Albany Missouri (close by) just passed a law that it is legal to drive your golf cart in town due to high fuel prices. Change is coming slowly.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I was going to build one for my parents when BikeGuyJoe (Godfather) pointed out it may not fall under AZ motorized bicycle law.

He was right, with the four wheels it falls under a motor vehicle even without a motor on it. I'm sure my parents would have loved it, but then I got thinking that I don't want my parents riding something so big on the shoulder of the road. And from the looks of it, it's wider then most of our bike lanes here in Tucson.
:ride:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
That would be awesome. Unfortunately it would be classified as a vehicle here and would require all that fun registration related crap. Something like that with just 3 wheels would probably be pretty nice though. A glorified trike I guess.

What stability problems, deacon? I've never ridden a trike.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008

I think I might be a little younger than a lot of people here :)

(in other words, no)
And what's that supposed to mean HMMMMMMM......Were not Old Just well Seasond.....You know i've thought about that but i guess most of us are over 40 i'm 42 going on 12 i think......rotfl

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
So,,,, A kids little red wagon in AZ is a Car? It's got 4 wheels. So,,,, we all know you can't ruun over what you can't catch, put a KZ 1000 motor on it. You will still have 6 speeds and gramps can go to the store in no timerotfl
Later Tramp

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Soooo, in theory if someone was riding down hill in a little red wagon in AZ AND was wearing a beenie hat with a propeller on top would they calssify it a helicopter? rotfl

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
lol.

if you've got 4 wheels and a motor, it's classified as a motor vehicle and you have to license it or only drive on private property (i.e. go-kart). Doesn't matter if you can still pedal or not.

At least that's the way I understand it here.

TinMan

Jul 23, 2008
Cleveland Ohio area
I personally like the 4-wheel desighn of the rhodes car. Its very simple and 2" square tube is easy to find and fairly cheap. I plan on building one over the winter.

Reading this thread gave me an interesting idea. I'm thinking of a removable front section so a single wheel (like a trike) or a 4 wheel fron can be interchangable. Being square tube a simple sleve connection might be all it takes.

As for the rear it will be set up like a trike with a full axle and my staton trike moter shold be easily addapted.

Well im still planning but thats it for now

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
These look very much like the ones that are for rent at the San Diego, California zoo. I'm just wondering if the same folks make these also? I can't really believe that a peddle car can be deemed the same as a motor car. I think any judge that's not insane could see the difference, But he IS talking about AZrotfl Later Tramp(c)

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
yeap four wheels no good, thats why you see all the inventors who come up with new forms of transport stick to 3 wheels on their prototypes to avoid the dmv...