Newbie needs help

GoldenMotor.com

Tnicoson9547

Dec 1, 2016
Rossville
I just bought a huffy cranbrook with a motor on it and the guy didn't know nothing about it I was wondering if someone would help me figure out what I got please

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome to the forum. Pictures will definitely help. But you won't be able to post photos until you make a few more posts.

In the meantime, read through a bunch of threads and you'll probably get an idea of which motor it is etc.

Also, you can let us know if it is running and how well, any problems etc.

Tnicoson9547

Dec 1, 2016
Rossville
Ok it's hard to pedal and it feels like there too much tension on the clutch also I was wondering where to buy wheel bearings and what is the best kind thank y'all so much for the help

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Hard to pedal? Could you expound on that a little? Do you mean pedaling with the engine off and clutch disengaged? Or is that when you're trying to start the engine?

For wheel bearings, I recommend that you start by just greasing them. I believe the Shimano cb-E110 hub fits the same as the Cranbrook rear hub, so you can just swap the guts out and have a much higher quality rear coaster.

The best thing to do is to crawl through all the subforums and read the applicable sticky topics, read the FAQ, and watch an install video on YouTube. That can give you a real understanding of how it all works (without having to actually install it)

Last edited:

Tnicoson9547

Dec 1, 2016
Rossville
Thank you so much for the advice yes it's hard to pedal with the clutch disengaged and the engine off feels like somethis with the chain tension

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Loosen the chain from the motor, if you have to add a half link while your at it engage the clutch and pull the chain to feel if its binding up from the motor it should be fairly smooth. The brass screw on the clutch is how I adjust mine.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
does it have oil fill/drain holes? if it does, it's a 4 stroke.
if it doesn't, it's a 2 stroke and you have to mix the oil in the gas.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
If I were a betting man, my money is on 2 stroke kit. This is based on the manual clutch you described, as I don't know of a manual clutch for a 4 stroke kit. Now, there is a 4 stoke manual clutch made by 3d motorsports, but it's highly unlikely that you have that one. Pre mix some 32:1 gas/oil and go to town. Then the real fun will start (trying to troubleshoot it every 20 miles)