predator kits

GoldenMotor.com

GarageGuy

Aug 24, 2016
Mount Pleasant WI
what bike would a predator kit work best on I am thinking about a threesixzero men in a barrel or the firmstrong urban deluxe I know the urban deluxe is going to need modifications. does anyone have any suggestions

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Be more specific about the kit. The 79cc Predator will fit in most larger beach cruisers while the 212cc is a tight fit in most any bicycle frame.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Older models of the trek 820 work well for both the 79 and 212cc predator engines, but I would not buy a kit if I were you, I'd just buy the engine and then get all your parts yourself, much more fun that way and you get a better product, plus the kits don't come with mounting hardware. If you need help on how to build them, check out my instructable on building one: http://www.instructables.com/id/79cc-Motorized-Bicycle-From-Scratch/

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
What he said /\/\/\ The kits are not going to be that helpful, they are not like a China girl or 49cc 4 stroke kit where you get literally everything you need to make the bike go down the street under motor power. They will spend your money to show you what the parts look like that you need, then go buy those parts elsewhere like AGK etc. that are up to the task and fabricate the rest. The best way to look at installing a Predator motor on a bicycle is that you need to be fluent in every aspect of motor installs on bikes and then some to make one actually work properly.

Last edited: