MB Poll

GoldenMotor.com

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Ok, I'll play.....

Current setup -- Huffy Cranbrook frame, 66cc Skyhawk 2cyl, 26" Weinmann rims, Continental tires, Fred head, MZMiami exhaust and sprocket adapter with a 36t, etc.

This is what the next generation of the same bike may look like.....

The only original parts on the bike are the frame, handlebars, & crankset.
Your bike looks CLEAN! I like it. Nothing too loud but completely unique. Looks like a bike with a need for SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!! .wee. The other bike on the other hand? That's beyond loud. I saw it over here http://www.355nation.net/forum/other-rides/52272-motorcycle-pic-thread-22.html . Not really my style but great for long road trips. Good luck with your next build.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Are you a member of the 'Nation'?? If so, I know a lot of the guys on there....

The current version of my bike will do over 40mph...

Last edited:

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
No, I saw that a while back before my first build when I was trying to find a style I liked.When I saw Fred head, the 36t sprocket of course and that exhaust I thought it might like to stretch its legs. How does it do with hills and where did you buy your engine and aftermarket parts from?

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I'm currently custom building a Moondog bike for my friends son. It's 26'' with a balanced 66cc bgf motor, cruiser bars and seat and moped tank and front brake hub. I like this frame for it's tight triangulation. Looks like the motor belongs there. I say custom building because not a lot of kit parts are used. I had to balance the crank, make the brake stays, cable length and clamps, tank mounting brackets, etc.
All my personal motorbikes are 4 strokes. 3 Whizzers, 3 cruisers with 5hp Briggs sidevalve engines on 26'' 70's Schwinn frames, most with moped forks, brake hubs and tanks. One has a homemade 2 speed automatic and variable timing, the other two have late Whizzer aftermarket autoclutches. Then there's my 8hp Briggs flathead also on a Shcwinn 26' frame and autoclutch. I also have a 24'' Schwinn vintage cruiser with a Stihl 4mix engine from a backpack leaf blower. It has a moped tank, rear brake hub and forks, motorcycle front brake hub and custom engine mounts with jack shaft. All of my bikes will do 40mph, some more. Most are belt drive with a couple of chain setups.
I have some 2 stroke, non Chinese motors I've been saving for bike projects in the near future. Stihl, Tanaka and Robin. I would also like to build a diesel bike.
I don't know exactly what you're looking for in this thread but here's some of my collection and maybe you can get some ideas. As you can see, I spend most of my time with DIY projects.

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
I'm currently custom building a Moondog bike for my friends son. It's 26'' with a balanced 66cc bgf motor, cruiser bars and seat and moped tank and front brake hub. I like this frame for it's tight triangulation. Looks like the motor belongs there. I say custom building because not a lot of kit parts are used. I had to balance the crank, make the brake stays, cable length and clamps, tank mounting brackets, etc.
All my personal motorbikes are 4 strokes. 3 Whizzers, 3 cruisers with 5hp Briggs sidevalve engines on 26'' 70's Schwinn frames, most with moped forks, brake hubs and tanks. One has a homemade 2 speed automatic and variable timing, the other two have late Whizzer aftermarket autoclutches. Then there's my 8hp Briggs flathead also on a Shcwinn 26' frame and autoclutch. I also have a 24'' Schwinn vintage cruiser with a Stihl 4mix engine from a backpack leaf blower. It has a moped tank, rear brake hub and forks, motorcycle front brake hub and custom engine mounts with jack shaft. All of my bikes will do 40mph, some more. Most are belt drive with a couple of chain setups.
I have some 2 stroke, non Chinese motors I've been saving for bike projects in the near future. Stihl, Tanaka and Robin. I would also like to build a diesel bike.
I don't know exactly what you're looking for in this thread but here's some of my collection and maybe you can get some ideas. As you can see, I spend most of my time with DIY projects.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. Some of your info went flying over my head but that is what this forum is for, for us to learn, get inspired and share our love of motorized bikes and your passion shows.